• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Excellent BIRD Vet James McKinley (New Jersey)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbarkan

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jill Barkan
Hi everyone,
I justed wanted to share the excellent care I am receiving from Dr. McKinley for my lovebird. His practice is called "AMWELL BIRD HOSPITAL" in new jersey. My lovebird is extremely sick and may still die, but I have been all over the tri-state area, and I highly recommend his practice. He only treats birds and has excellent credentials, DVM, DIPL. ABVP.
He was the only one, to recommend a week-long lasting anti-biotic and explain to me in detail various details regarding my bird, unlike every other Veterinarian emergency clinic or practice.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Hi Jill-
I've heard WONDERFUL things about this vet, especially since another of our members her brought her dear cockatiel there for diagnosis and has nothing but nice things to say about the treatment they both received there :)

luvsgreys

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Big hugs for you and your lovie Jill! :hug8: It's an awesome feeling to find a great vet! I hope your fabie starts to feel better soon! :hug8:

jerseybella

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
dawn
Hi everyone,
I justed wanted to share the excellent care I am receiving from Dr. McKinley for my lovebird. His practice is called "AMWELL BIRD HOSPITAL" in new jersey. My lovebird is extremely sick and may still die, but I have been all over the tri-state area, and I highly recommend his practice. He only treats birds and has excellent credentials, DVM, DIPL. ABVP.
He was the only one, to recommend a week-long lasting anti-biotic and explain to me in detail various details regarding my bird, unlike every other Veterinarian emergency clinic or practice.
Where in Jersey is he located.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I am soo happy that you went to him!!! He is wonderful and I'm so glad I was able to help you with that... :D Honestly, if it wasn't for him my little Mikey would definitely have been dead by now and he still can die as well... This vet is different from the rest of in our area and he truely understands birds and actually CARES! Please keep us posted on little Peaches.. :hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
What is your Lovie's name? I would like to light a candle for her.

Ginger

kjhorn

Moving in
I know this thread is pretty ancient, but I just wanted to thank you for the recommendation. I found this thread yesterday when I was in desperate need for a great vet for my Green Cheek Conure, Jack. Poor little Jack had already been through 2 vets, and Dr. McKinley is the first and only vet to recognize that Jack's wing was/is EXTREMELY infected. Jack may not make it, but this vet is first class all the way!

Karen

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so glad we were able to help you and Jack. Many prayers that Dr. McKinley can get the infection under control right away and that Jack makes a speedy and complete recovery with no complications or set backs.

Ginger

Attachments

Jaywinston41

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jay
Hello,

I writing to ask about dr McKinley and green cheek conures.
I am considering purchasing one tomorrow, and I also live very close to this doctor.

Obviously you'd recommend him...any idea of his costs? Typical vet visit?

Can you tell me a bit about the green cheek in terms of typical care and feeding?
this bird was very friendly and engaging and it's a super price with a cage.

Anyhow, I was interested in your post because of the type of bird and doctor!
thanks,

jay
Jaywinston41@gmail.com
I know this thread is pretty ancient, but I just wanted to thank you for the recommendation. I found this thread yesterday when I was in desperate need for a great vet for my Green Cheek Conure, Jack. Poor little Jack had already been through 2 vets, and Dr. McKinley is the first and only vet to recognize that Jack's wing was/is EXTREMELY infected. Jack may not make it, but this vet is first class all the way!

Karen

Maxsmom

Avenue Veteran
Thank you for spreading word of a good avian vet

Status
Not open for further replies.