• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures EVERYTHING'S COMIN' UP MILHOUSE!

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ever since I lost sweet Rafiki to a sudden and tragic end, I've had my eyes peeled for another CAG. I knew no one could ever replace my baby Rafi, but she made me love her species so much that being without her felt like a cavernous hole in my heart.

When I saw Kamara show up on the Humane Society's website, I figured she'd be snatched up straight away. Parrots never last long; Kamara was made available the same day as a cockatoo named Chicken, who was adopted within three hours. I was disappointed that I would miss out on her, since I didn't have the money to drop right that second, but I sent her well wishes and went on with my day.

Well, days passed and Kamara remained at the shelter, despite holds being put on her constantly. When I went to the orientation for my puppy's obedience classes there last week, a staff member told me that everyone who went to meet her was inexperienced with birds, and only interested in whether or not she could talk -- which she can, but that's hardly the most important thing about her.

Kamara was found outside, malnourished and massively dehydrated, with a pair of severely deformed feet. A handful of people claimed her as their lost pet, but in the end no one took her, and she was nursed back to a healthy weight and put up for adoption.

Unsurprisingly I fell in love with her, and after today's obedience class I put in my application for her, dropped Morgan off at home, and went straight back to pick her up.
She bit the holy snot out of me on the transfer to her carrier, which was no shock as I was told she has a tremendous fear of hands and sticks, but all the way home she was singing, whistling, and chatting up a storm. She's an absolute darling and I'm head over heels in love!

So, long story short, here is the newest member of my flock!! :heart:
:starshower::starshower1::bliss:

20180616_173102.jpg IMG_20180616_185759_978.jpg 20180616_183755.jpg

Mariah Hughes

Strolling the yard
Congrats on bringing her home! She is absolutely stunning and so lucky to have fiybdfound you! I think you two are going to have a really beautiful bond in time :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:congrats:

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Whoever owned Kamara before she was picked up sure taught her some naughty words!
She has the sweetest little voice though. It's like listening to a little girl cussing like a sailor. :laughin:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Whoever owned Kamara before she was picked up sure taught her some naughty words!
She has the sweetest little voice though. It's like listening to a little girl cussing like a sailor. :laughin:
That's hilarious.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, Kamara! :)