• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Everyone saw the vet!

Fritzgerald16

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Fritzgerald was 1291g and opted not to do blood work this time because he looks great. Did do a fecal and will hear back Monday if anything is strange. He has been picking around his vent and both legs, especially the left leg has 3 scabs but all look like they are healing well, we bought some aloe spray to help with dryness.

Oscar is fit as a fiddle! Did blood work in house and all values were great. He is about 80-100g underweight so we need to bump that up. Thank goodness that despite his diet for the last while he is doing good!

Mia- on the other hand is 145g at 11 months and is a little chunk! Haha
She also has some stress bars on her wings but we are not worrying about that until she has been home a few months.

Over all everyone is doing good!

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
What wonderful news!

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
All sounds good, except Fritz. How come is he plucking.

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
All sounds good, except Fritz. How come is he plucking.
We are not 100% sure, about 2 weeks ago he had a huge molt and fall is well underway here so I think it's a combo of hormones (he is being extra sweet to my husband) and growing all of those new feathers. None of the scabs are huge or very fresh. He does have ingrown follicles so he may have had one of those too, he does a good job of pulling them out himself.
I got our humidifier out, I've had bloody noses all week from the dryness and she said his skin was very dry, so hopefully that helps and the aloe!

I also made a bunch of his favorite toy, noodles and pony beads strung through a small wiffle ball, he LOVES them and it keeps him very busy.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great vet visit! :)
She also has some stress bars on her wings but we are not worrying about that until she has been home a few months.
She will molt them and they will never come back.

When will Oscar and Mia coming home?

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Glad everyone checked out okay! Hope Fritz stops plucking soon!

Fritzgerald16

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jenelle
Great vet visit! :)

She will molt them and they will never come back.

When will Oscar and Mia coming home?
Mia is coming home in the next few weeks, she is in birdy training boot camp :) Also, she is going to be a nationally registered therapy animal, I am finishing up the paperwork for that.
Oscar's past owner is being somewhat difficult, she lives about 1.5 hours away and said she was bringing his cage last weekend. Well it is now a week later and still have not heard from her :confused:
I am probably just going to have to pick up a new cage.