• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Everyone finally got cage upgrades!

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
One of the reasons I've been excited to move is so I could have more space for the birds. All day today I've been working on cages. Ben's has been done for a couple weeks now but the parakeets and bourkes just got moved.

The parakeets are LOVING it! They're hopping all over exploring. I've seen them playing with all their new toys. The paper flower and crystal mahogany bursts from @WallyLoopey are already huge favorites!

The bourkes are a little more cautious but they've been trying out all their new perches.

I honestly have no idea what Ben does in his cage because he's never in it when I'm home lol his paper flower is pretty beat up and there's always bark crumbs under his bottle brush and cork bark perches so I think he likes chewing those. I have to set up a spy camera on his cage one day to see what he does.

Now that all the cages are in place I can start hanging Ben's jungle gym back up :yahoo:

I love seeing them with so much room to move around!

:bliss:

And there are sooo many other toys I wanted to give them but even with their new big cages there's still not enough room! :lol:

Ben's cage

IMG_7329.JPG

Bourkes cage (you can see them both at the food bowl lol)

IMG_7328.JPG

Parakeets cage (can see the back of my green keet by the upper right corner of the left door)

IMG_7322.JPG

Just seconds after I got them both in this is how they sat for a bit :xflove:

IMG_7315.JPG

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
They all look wonderful!!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Wow, very nice! Congratulations on your move and getting all of the cages assembled and set up, too! One cage is no easy feat, let alone so many! :yourock:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Looks great. I love how all your cages match too. They all should be very happy birds :)

Jas

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jasmine
Super nice setups!!!

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
They're flight cages and can have a divider in the middle. The parakeets and bourkes used to share one cage and I can tell they're all confused that there's no divider anymore, when they get to the middle of the cage they stop and look around before finally crossing :lol:

I also think they kind of miss being right next to each other. They used to kind of play together through the divider. They would touch beaks and run back and forth with each other. I've just woken them up today and the bourkes seem to be looking for the parakeets. Their cages are still next to each other but they're not as close anymore. I actually think my parakeets taught my bourkes to eat fresh foods, they're always watching each other and comparing food lol

ode.to.parrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Wow!!! You have one lucky flock!!!
:bounce4:

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Can you point me towards the cages please?
Here's the amazon link

Large Double Flight Bird Wrought Iron Double Cage w/ Slide Out Divider 3 Levels Bird Parrot Cage Cockatiel Conure Bird Cage 63"Lx19"Dx64"H W/Stand on Wheels Amazon.com : Large Double Flight Bird Wrought Iron Double Cage w/ Slide Out Divider 3 Levels Bird Parrot Cage Cockatiel Conure Bird Cage 63"Lx19"Dx64"H W/Stand on Wheels : Flight Cages For Birds : Pet Supplies

There are basically no instructions, it took quite a while to put the first one together but I think they're good cages, they work really well for my birds. I haven't had any issues besides the lack of instructions.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
As Tanya said - birdie heaven! Love the roomy homes and allll those toys - whoa! Really cool. The last picture cracks me up with them looking at each other in that Budgie quizzical manner. "What do you think"... "I don't know, I was waiting to hear from you" "Do you think it's a trick?" ... I can imagine the conversations they might be having!

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
As Tanya said - birdie heaven! Love the roomy homes and allll those toys - whoa! Really cool. The last picture cracks me up with them looking at each other in that Budgie quizzical manner. "What do you think"... "I don't know, I was waiting to hear from you" "Do you think it's a trick?" ... I can imagine the conversations they might be having!
That's exactly the conversation I thought they were having! :rofl: