1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Essential oils

Discussion in 'Holistic Avenue' started by FLmom, 4/16/15.

1. Christikenley

Christikenley Checking out the neighborhood

Sorry, one more thing. Saying you've used eos on your pet for years and they are fine is like a smoker saying they have smoked for years and are fine. You may not see the damage , they may be fine until the day they aren't. They may live a 'normal' lifespan yet they may have actually lived longer. Unless you are regularly monitoring their liver and kidney function you can't say that are fine.

Hankmacaw likes this.
  2. Mizzely

Mizzely Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran Vendor I Can't Stop Posting! BINGO CHAMPION POSTAHOLIC

Shawna

I personally wouldn't. I can't even go into a store like that without feeling like I'm going to pass out (sensitive to smells) so I think it would be too much for their sensitive systems

Hankmacaw likes this.
  3. finchly

finchly Biking along the boulevard Mayor of the Avenue Vendor I Can't Stop Posting!

Tanya
    You seem to contradict yourself a bit, first you want to know about safety then you are sure they aren’t safe. You are a professional in the field (?) yet you come here to ask strangers’ opinions about oil safety.

Don’t take your bird to work. if you are an aromatherapist as you claim then you should already be aware of all the reasons why.

rocky'smom likes this.
  4. Christikenley

Christikenley Checking out the neighborhood

Yes I understand the dangers of the essential oils. I'm more concerned about ambient scent just from the products in the general area .

5. NirAntae

NirAntae Strolling the yard

Jennie
    I wouldn't, just because of the sheer amount of free-floating compounds. You never know when a customer might spritz something in the bird's direction without realizing it, filled with juniper, thyme, or tea tree oil, for instance.

I'm an aromatherapist myself, if of a far smaller scale, and I'm very careful to keep all but the very gentlest EOs far away from my birds, and even then used very sparingly in a water-diffuser, on the opposite side of the room, or a very few drops of lavender and/or lemon in vinegar water for cleaning (but not anything they will be likely to come into regular contact with). Soaps, lotions, scented cleaners or sprays, etc., are not allowed in the same room. A whole shop full of such products seems like no place for a bird if you want them to stay happy and healthy.

finchly likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)