• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I mentioned her being re homed quickly in another thread I made in Around The neighborhood

but wanted to elaborate

Every one knew from the start I had no intentions on keeping her, I just wanted her out of the environment she was in and into a better one, So I was a "pit stop" sort of speak

yes we thought we were going to keep her we fell in love with her.

BUT as time went on, and days went on I just couldn't handle it. I'm not the right home for her I do not have a clue about Lorikeets, But I did the best I could

and like i said when I first got her, She'd only be going to an experienced home

and I kept to my word. She went to an Experienced home

it's sort of unreal how it happened

I had this couple scheduled to come tonight @ 6:30 to buy my hand fed American budgies for their kids

I'd just Put Ernie up on a website to be re-homed maybe 20 minutes before they got here, I put it on then went and started grilling food we had a small party for my b/f's sons' 25th B-day

Well they came and bought the parakeets - we talked about Ernie and they were surprised she was ever given seeds! they knew they were nectar/fruit/veggie eating birds.

they left, I went back to be social (b-day party was still going on)While i'm out side my son came to tell me I had a phone call. so i went in and it was the lady who was just here, She said her husband fell head over heals in love with Ernie and was wondering if she was available

I said she was, and she asked if he could come out tonight, I said yes i'll be here, she apologized for Busting up our family get together twice in a row, I said it's not big deal We were just hanging out and stuff anyway.

So Ernie went to her new home this evening.

It's best for her to be able to get more 1 on 1 time and since they had a small amount of birds (not counting the 3 parakeets they just bought their kids) they had 4 other birds a huge sun room for the birds. and She's home all the time so Ernie will get a lot more attention

Yes I'm home all the time but I'm so busy when I'm home I barely get time to think straight, if i'm not cleaning up after 40 plus birds, I'm feeding babies, or cleaning up after humans, i'm on the go from the time my feet hit the floor when I wake up until i finally crash out at midnight - 1 am

so it was best for her to be put some where that had more time and energy to put towards her. and her Energy

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
:hug8: Thats awesome..... She found a great home.

*K*J*B*

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kylee
I'm so happy for Ernie. It's great that it worked out for you both :hug8:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
How is that! so glad she has a new and wonderful home. :)

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats so wonderful that she found a great home,it sounds like it was ment to be.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
sounds like it was meant to be...so glad you found her a good home and that you cared for her so much that you looked after her until you found just the right place...I wish there were more people in the world like you

MollyMouse

I'm so glad Ernie went to a great home. Thankyou for looking after her Kelli :hug8:

Tamic332

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Tami
So happy for Ernie and yay for you getting Ernie out of the bad environment!
:hug8:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Thanks guys

We miss her, that's for sure my b/f came in this Morning before we left to go get my sons bunk bed I found on craigs list. to get a clean T - shirt and come back out all bummed I said what? You got clean clothes what's your problem LOL he said I miss not being greeted loudly "ERNIE ERNIE PRETTY ERNIE" when i walk in your room
:(

but we both agreed it was best for her, she needed some where it was more 1 on 1 and I know she'll become a great bird, and one that listens and when told to step up eventually will stay put :)

and I know they'll enjoy the lil' road runner and she'll get tons of love :)

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Awe thats great you found Ernie a wonderful home.. Thank you Kelli for caring so much.. :hug8:

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
it's not a problem it's in my blood :)

there was never a week I didn't walk out of my house growing up to a new dog or cat dropped off at my house - Because they knew it would be cared for correctly there and live its life out at my house :)

Status
Not open for further replies.