• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Enrichment and Foraging Class

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Attended a fun class at my CAV’s clinic today. Came home with goodies I made and lots of ideas. And a great handout on all the things demonstrated and sources for the materials we used. DD86850B-A79F-429A-BC5A-6EB2595096CD.jpeg B28CF90E-CCB3-4ED7-9F79-42A65F8BEEC6.jpeg CF5BCB2E-E750-400F-8301-017E7943A111.jpeg That’s my CAV with one of her macaws. She has 3.

Last edited:

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
That looks great! Wish I could have joined the class too!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
The “teacher” works at the clinic. I’m not sure what her official position is but she told us a little about her background. She has a degree in psychology and started out as a dolphin trainer. She showed us the things she saves to make toys for the birds who are either boarding or staying at the clinic for treatment. I am so lucky to have such a great clinic 20 minutes from home. And it is right next door to a 24 hour emergency vet clinic. They share a conference room and, I’m sure, info on bird care.

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
This looks like an amazing class! Does the clinic do videos or anything for people who can't make it in person?
This was their first class. It was such a success they are doing another next month. I’ll ask if there are any plans to do a video, or if it is ok to copy the handout I got at the class, with all the instructions.

laracroft

Strolling the yard
I’ll ask if there are any plans to do a video, or if it is ok to copy the handout I got at the class, with all the instructions.
Thanks! I'd love to see the handout if they're okay with you copying it!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
What a great idea!

Looks like it would have been informative and fun :)

Love your new necklace!!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
How cute! I love it :xflove::joyful:

SherLar

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Sherri and Larry
I wish someone around here would hold a class like that.
No reason why you can't start one! Do a few searches, set it up, and I bet you will find other people will brig ideas to your class. When people start expanding their minds, they get more creative and start working outside the box. Soon it would be a whole class effort. Step up and be that person!
sherri

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
A very cool idea. I love your pasta necklace ;)

And like @SherLar says, there´s no reason why we can´t find a group of bird lovers in our local area and set up a meet where toy making tips and foraging ideas can be shared.
A bit like a club (like those of chess, knitting, yoga etc)

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
No reason why you can't start one! Do a few searches, set it up, and I bet you will find other people will brig ideas to your class. When people start expanding their minds, they get more creative and start working outside the box. Soon it would be a whole class effort. Step up and be that person!
sherri
Lol! I wish I could! I have my 93 year old mom with full blown dementia now living with me, 2 dogs, 4 birds, a 150 gal fish tank, and a 3200 sf house on a 1/2 acre landscaped lot to take care of all on my own. My spare time is nearly nonexistent!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Lol! I wish I could! I have my 93 year old mom with full blown dementia now living with me, 2 dogs, 4 birds, a 150 gal fish tank, and a 3200 sf house on a 1/2 acre landscaped lot to take care of all on my own. My spare time is nearly nonexistent!
Do you sleep? :omg:

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Do you sleep? :omg:
I've been trying to get my mom's doctor to prescribe sleep meds for her so she doesn't get up and roam around at night. If she's up, I have no choice but to get up too. She never shuts off water faucets or closes the fridge door!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
I've been trying to get my mom's doctor to prescribe sleep meds for her so she doesn't get up and roam around at night. If she's up, I have no choice but to get up too. She never shuts off water faucets or closes the fridge door!
I feel for you. I slept on an air mattress in front of the front door when my demented mom lived with me and she STILL got past me. The sound of her walker heading for the front stairs woke me up. I would like to see a video of her getting herself and her walker over me and getting the sliding door unlocked and open without waking me. I called out to her because she was moving FAST. “I gotta get out of here! I’ve gotta get out of here!” Was her reply. Turns out she had dreamed she had been kidnapped. Caring for an elderly parent is, I believe, one of life’s most stressful challenges. Bless you. :heart::heart::heart: