• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

English Budgie?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Make sure to take some pics!

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I love the fact that you are putting so much thought into the decision of getting a companion birdy!
If more people were like you, it would be SO much better for potential adoptees.

aqualover9

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Adriana
I love the fact that you are putting so much thought into the decision of getting a companion birdy!
If more people were like you, it would be SO much better for potential adoptees.

Awww thanks so much!:hug8:

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't underestimate how much it can cost to provide medical care for an ageing bird. One or both of these budgies may need ongoing care for a chronic condition, require emergency care or require end of life palliative care. Please make sure that your parents - or whoever will be responsible for the veterinary bills - are aware of this before you bring any bird(s) home.

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Don't underestimate how much it can cost to provide medical care for an ageing bird. One or both of these budgies may need ongoing care for a chronic condition, require emergency care or require end of life palliative care. Please make sure that your parents - or whoever will be responsible for the veterinary bills - are aware of this before you bring any bird(s) home.
That’s good advice!Thanks!I think I like pigeons better though. I’ll keep looking.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Wow I can see your dilemma, they’re both adorable! Poor Sweet Pea lost a wing :crycry: That makes her the front runner if it was me at least. And she’s already a pro at the pigeon pants!
I know nothing about pigeons- do they do better with other pigeons or as singles? Obviously if they like company (like budgies etc) I’d say get them both!

Also, I feel I must ask you to also consider Professor Stumpbottom. He’s super cute and may have the best name ever lol

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Ashley is adorable and Sweet Pea is too!

What if you got both of them so they could keep eachother comany when you're not home?

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Wow I can see your dilemma, they’re both adorable! Poor Sweet Pea lost a wing :crycry: That makes her the front runner if it was me at least. And she’s already a pro at the pigeon pants!

Same here! I think I’m leaning towards Sweet Pea actually.

Also, I feel I must ask you to also consider Professor Stumpbottom. He’s super cute and may have the best name ever lol

True XD

I know nothing about pigeons- do they do better with other pigeons or as singles? Obviously if they like company (like budgies etc) I’d say get them both!

What if you got both of them so they could keep eachother comany when you're not home?

I think they’re usually kept alone as pets.

JoJo&Loki

Real Name
Kelly
Definitely keep us posted on who you pick!
I like the place your getting them from too, just from checking out their account it seems they’re rescuing them from bad situations. Pigeon racing?!? I did not want to know that’s a thing :(

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Definitely keep us posted on who you pick!
I like the place your getting them from too, just from checking out their account it seems they’re rescuing them from bad situations. Pigeon racing?!? I did not want to know that’s a thing :(

Yea, they’re really doing good from their hearts!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Pigeon racing?
Take the pigeons to a location, release them and then time how long ´til they return home.

The house i grew up in was on a pigeon ¨golden mile¨, many neighbours raced pigeons. The people we sold the house to had racing pigeons and wanted the house for the location. Plus the garden was half an acre so plenty of room for sheds.

@aqualover9 what do your family think of a pigeon? Are they happy with this? I hope it all works out!! :)

aqualover9

Real Name
Adriana
Take the pigeons to a location, release them and then time how long ´til they return home.

The house i grew up in was on a pigeon ¨golden mile¨, many neighbours raced pigeons. The people we sold the house to had racing pigeons and wanted the house for the location. Plus the garden was half an acre so plenty of room for sheds.
It’s pretty bad out there. Too many potential predators, storms, weather, etc, etc. Pretty dangerous. :darkcloud:
@aqualover9 what do your family think of a pigeon? Are they happy with this? I hope it all works out!! :)
My sister is supportive of getting a pigeon and my parents aren’t opposing the idea as much as getting a parrot! My grandparents volunteered to take care of my bird during college too! :fairy2:I hope Chicago Pigeon Pets emails me the adoption form soon!

EDIT: Even though things are looking good, nothing is confirmed yet.

Last edited:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very exciting. I´m glad you and your family have come to an agreement, that´s fantastic!
Good luck with the adoption process :)

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Me too, you have been working hard doing so much research!