• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Emergency situation

Dar Pocs

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Darlene Pocs
Hello...My parent had to take care of my caique, JJ, because he started to attack men/boys...and I have a house full of them (hubby and 3 sons). Things were going well with the normal occasional nip and sometimes he’d stalk/attack my father, but then be loving other times.
Well...i just learned that last night the bird severely attacked my 74yr old father...who was drinking at the time...so he didn’t control his anger and he hurt JJ. I’m about to bring the bird to a Med Vet. If he survives, I can’t keep him (again house full of boys and now we rescued an aggressive cat - added to 3 other cats and a dog). And obviously if he does survive, I will not let my parents care for him anymore. Suggestions?
Is there a way on your site to offer him up for rescue? I live in Michigan. Thank you....I’m so sad to be typing this right now ~Darlene

Last edited by a moderator:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So very sorry that you need to rehome him and also that he got injured.
Please update us regarding how he is doing. I hope he will be OK.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I am sorry this happened Darlene. Hopefully the links here will help and also the vet may have some advice. In some cases a vet will take over the care of the bird and actually know a family that can take him in.