• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Elvis's pizza crust obsession

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I wrote not long ago about my Elvis loving pizza crust. He saw us eating pizza and definitely recognized it and wanted it. He had definitely had it in his past from the way he reacted. Yesterday, he was on my shoulder when I opened up the fridge to get something to drink. We were having hot dogs for dinner- not my choice, that's what the fiancé made. LOL. (But he made them so I'm not complaining.) Elvis starts getting frantic. I try to give him a piece of bun. He doesn't want it. I go back to the fridge and get him apple. No. Pepper? No. Cashew? No. I even offer him a corn chip that was on my plate thinking that's what he wanted. No. I'm at a complete loss. He clearly wants something but I don't know what. Then it dawns up me- he saw a piece of left over pizza in the fridge when I was getting a drink. I go back to the fridge, break off a piece of crust- and sure enough, that's what he wanted. :rolleyes:

LSA

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Leslie
When my mother was sick, breakfast for dinner was a regular thing. After fixing it, one of my birds wanted something, but it certainly wasn't oatmeal or pancakes! Oh no, she wanted to look in the fridge!
I'd forgotten that I'd made pizza for myself the day before, but she hadn't! I'm offering WARM cereal and you want cold pizza? No crust for her! It's just hard bread. She started pickig off the olives.
Sir Lancelot loves crunchy peanut butter, but Daytona only wants almond butter. None of that cheap stuff for him!
So, I have one bird that loves olives; one, crunchy peanut butter; one, almond butter. I'm afraid to find out what anyone else wants!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
When my mother was sick, breakfast for dinner was a regular thing. After fixing it, one of my birds wanted something, but it certainly wasn't oatmeal or pancakes! Oh no, she wanted to look in the fridge!
I'd forgotten that I'd made pizza for myself the day before, but she hadn't! I'm offering WARM cereal and you want cold pizza? No crust for her! It's just hard bread. She started pickig off the olives.
Sir Lancelot loves crunchy peanut butter, but Daytona only wants almond butter. None of that cheap stuff for him!
So, I have one bird that loves olives; one, crunchy peanut butter; one, almond butter. I'm afraid to find out what anyone else wants!

So funny what they decide to like.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
Tuffy was my pizza crust eater, to the point I couldn't leave pizza on plate while I went back to grab a napkin ( good sloppy pizza) . Came back to find Tuffy up to his feathers in my dinner. LOL. Rocky like it too but not like Tuffy.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
They're always surprising us. :)

Milton sprang his hankering for potato chips on us a few years ago. We don't usually have chips in the house anymore...it's too temping to scarf a half of a bag down (or more) at one sitting.
Anyway, I brought a handful in one day...Milton made a leap out of his cage and sidled up to me...looking one way while attempting to grab a chip out of my hand with a sideways grab.
I did offer him a chip...but I made him go back to his cage to eat it....I know, I'm a Bad Dad...

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Pilo looks at ALL food and thinks gimme gimme gimme! Oh and don't even try to open the fridge door... sheesh!

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
OMG!:aarules:
Are you giving him pizza?!? :wideyed:
You know that it is a big No No, don't you? :bignono:

Honestly... I'm just tasting it to make sure its absolutely NOT healthy! Yup... its not good for you... wait, Ima gonna give it another try just to make sure! :rofl:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Again, Milton isn't much for pizza crust...it's the CHEESE that he craves...but no, he doesn't get much of that either.

I know, that makes me an even "Badder Dad"....:rolleyes:

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sadie
They're always surprising us. :)

Milton sprang his hankering for potato chips on us a few years ago. We don't usually have chips in the house anymore...it's too temping to scarf a half of a bag down (or more) at one sitting.
Anyway, I brought a handful in one day...Milton made a leap out of his cage and sidled up to me...looking one way while attempting to grab a chip out of my hand with a sideways grab.
I did offer him a chip...but I made him go back to his cage to eat it....I know, I'm a Bad Dad...
Hey, if you get a dehydrator, you can make your own "chips" made of veggies.

Rupert wants whatever it is you're eating.

On rare occasions, my willpower wanes, and I make the birds each a little piece of toast with John's Parrot Butter smeared on it. Rupert likes the crunch.

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yesterday Leia was aaaaalllll over me trying to get my pizza crust :D

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Again, Milton isn't much for pizza crust...it's the CHEESE that he craves...but no, he doesn't get much of that either.

I know, that makes me an even "Badder Dad"....:rolleyes:
That is a Secret thing. I discovered LONG ago that it was extremely easy to get her back in the cage with one tiny sprig of shredded yellow sharp american cheese. Just place that tiny piece on a perch and wha-la, the parrot is in her cage.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
The first week I had Echo I ordered a pizza and Echo definitely recognize it right away. He practically flew over to get it. And he can't really fly!! Like Milton he loves cheese. I only give him a little but if it was up to him I'd think he'd live off of it!! Whenever I have cheese he's always trying to steal it away from me. He always want what he shouldn't have. :rolleyes:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
That is a Secret thing. I discovered LONG ago that it was extremely easy to get her back in the cage with one tiny sprig of shredded yellow sharp american cheese. Just place that tiny piece on a perch and wha-la, the parrot is in her cage.
The first week I had Echo I ordered a pizza and Echo definitely recognize it right away. He practically flew over to get it. And he can't really fly!! Like Milton he loves cheese. I only give him a little but if it was up to him I'd think he'd live off of it!! Whenever I have cheese he's always trying to steal it away from me. He always want what he shouldn't have. :rolleyes:
Milton is in good company with Secret and Echo. :) Cheese is good...and whipped cream (or cool whip) and ice cream is even BETTER! We can get soy ice cream which solves the dairy problem, but is tremendously expensive.

And then there's CAKE...any pastry or cereal has become "CAKE" to Milton...even his beloved Cheerios...even pasta can't escape being called "CAKE"...:rolleyes: "I LOVE IT" becomes "I LOVE MORE" which ultimately becomes "I LOVE MORE CAKE NOW!"

Funny how Milty's mind works...