• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Elvis is biting. : (

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
:hug8:

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
How is Elvis doing today? Been wondering how things are going? I think sunflower seeds are Freddy's favorite snack. They are in his seed mix, so do I pick them out of the seed mix? I am trying to convert him to pellets, so have been mixing his food mix with some pellets. Today I saw him eat a few! Reading about clicker training.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
I'd missed this, I'm so sorry this has happened but it sounds like you are right on top of trying to retrain everyone involved and manage the environment so it improves.
:hug8::hug8::hug8:
Hugs for all three of you; you can do this.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
How is Elvis doing today? Been wondering how things are going? I think sunflower seeds are Freddy's favorite snack. They are in his seed mix, so do I pick them out of the seed mix? I am trying to convert him to pellets, so have been mixing his food mix with some pellets. Today I saw him eat a few! Reading about clicker training.
Things are actually going really well. Thank you for checking in on us. Small changes seems to have made a big difference- either that or his hormonal period is just ending. The blanket is gone. The weird thing is the blanket has been there since we first got him which is why I stupidly didn't see it as an issue. So far his bedtime is just 30 minutes earlier. But he seems to be sleeping about 30 minutes later now too. So that helps. No dive bombing incidents. And I think Howie is more aware of when Elvis starts to get excited he either needs to distract him with a toy or take him back to his cage. So fingers, crossed, I think things are going to be fine.

If you want to use sunflower seeds as a training treat, I would pick them out of the mix. It's great that he's starting to eat pellets. Elvis pretty much only eats pellets. Now, I'm trying to get him to eat a different kind of pellet. We'll see how that goes........ :)

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Glad to hear that things are going well with Elvis!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Glad to hear that things are going well with Elvis!
Thanks. He's basically back to normal . He still has moments when he tries to get Howie's fingers . But I really think it was hormones. I am going to keep him on the earlier bed schedule though .

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Glad he is back to normal. Hopefully the combination of removing the blanket and an earlier bedtime helped ease his hormones a bit.