• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ELLIOTT-My Congo

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@Lady Jane Thank you, Dianne. Sunnysmom suggested and when his doctor calls with his test results that is the first thing I will ask her for. You know, I had dogs growing up (I love them all- fur, feathers) but this is my first bird. It will be 26 years ago, October 9, I first saw Elliott and took him home. He is like a little person with his own life. I have an extra room with all his toys, I make him cardboard tunnels to chew through, nooks tonshred and it is his place to go after dinner to best. He has a Macaw cage. He is very happy. I'll do whatever it takes for him to stay healthy and happy. Thank you. I am overwhelmed with the love and support of this forum. I'm glad I found it. I will hear from Elliott's doctor, Thursday, I think.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I can tell that Elliot is very lucky to have you!

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@Tiel Feathers Thank you for saying that but the truth is, is that I am the lucky one to have this AMAZING BEING come into my life. I cannot express the depth of my love for him. There are times Elliott will get out of hand and I will pick him up, perched on my finger, and say, "what is wrong with you"? And then I burst out laughing because he looks at me like he is saying- "what"? and then he starts laughing. It was meant to be and I always tell him this when he goes to sleep,"I love you, I love you, I love you and we have been and will be together forever and ever". And I believe we will.❤

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Poor baby bird #1(1).jpg IMG_20170731_181224972_BURST000_COVER.jpg
It was meant to be and I always tell him this when he goes to sleep,"I love you, I love you, I love you and we have been and will be together forever and ever"
Do you know what I tell TD every night before he goes to sleep? I tell him, "I'm so glad you stayed." You see, TD died in my hand the morning after we took him from the bad people. I handed TD's body to my fiancee and said, "he's gone, please take care of him". My fiancee said, why don't you take a moment to say goodbye, and handed him back to me. I took his little body to my chest and said, I understand if you have to go, but I sure wish you would stay". I felt him shiver a little, then breathe, and he stayed! I've never been so grateful for anything in my life. Here's a pic of TD the morning he decided to stay. Poor baby bird #1(1).jpg
And here's a pic of TD now. IMG_20170731_181224972_BURST000_COVER.jpg Poor baby bird #1(1).jpg IMG_20170731_181224972_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@Alien J I was crying when I read this. What a miracle. I cannot believe the way he looked and what he looks like now. He is beautiful and had to endure abuse, unfortunately, before he came to you. You love him so. I can tell. How long was it before you got him so healthy? He must love you so much, Alien J and I know you love him. Elliott's doctor called about an hour ago. She just wanted to know how he was doing. His tests are not back yet but he is getting better. Bless you for your love and care to TD. Elaine❤

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
:welcome2:@Elaine DiMare I so glad you enjoying your time here. I love here too it really an awesome community :hug9:

@Alien J Wow I've never seen those pictures before. Thanks for rescuing TD!
Beautiful story too :heart:

EllaMay

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
April
Welcome you both. Elliott is very handsome! :heart:

I hope his results come back on a positive note, and he continues getting well! :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Welcome. I am so glad Elliott is improving.

By the way I am also Elaine.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Look in the message frame to the lower right. It says like, quote. Just tap on like. You have to do this when the message is completed and posted otherwise you won't see those words in lower right.

If you go to the forum section check out the HOW TO FORUM. You will find many instructions on how to navigate AA.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Welcome to AA! I'm so touched by how much you love Elliot! The oldest member of my flock is a CAG named Clancy and he just turned 25 on September 9th. He's absolutely amazing! I didn't have him all his life though. His former owner was dying of cancer and she asked me to take him. That was when he was 16. He makes me laugh every day because he's also probably my most skilled talker and boy can he talk! LOL!

Anyway, I'm glad that Elliot is ok and I'm glad you found us!:)

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@EllaMay Thank you, EllaMay for the welcome. I'm so appreciative to have found all of you. Elliott's doctor should call tomorrow. He is playing in his room now. Thank you, so much

Elliott

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elliott
@jmfleish Thank you so much. Everyone has been so kind, helpful and welcoming. I don't feel so alone. I'm glad you have Clancy. He loves you and you love him. You are both happy together. Elliott is doing better but Lady Jane recommended probiotics for Elliott and I'm going to get him some as soon as I hear from his vet on his test results. I will get whatever she tells me to buy him. Thank you so much for the welcome. Hugs to Clancy- he and Elliott are close in age!