• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Electus-feeding schedule?

Jurilee

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jurilee
Hi Guys!

I need some help please ....

Electus Male

Zazu
:heart:

+- 4 years old

I read to many conflicting advice on the internet so I would really like some advice from you guys

1- Should I really not feed him any pellets /seeds?

Some good pellets from Vet- maybe once a week?

White Sunflower seeds- once a week ?

2- What will be the correct way serving fresh fruit/veggies during the day(while I am at work)

Currently I am trying to add veggies that won't spoil---feeding this during the day and taking out what's

left as soon as I get home and replace with fresh food.....90% its empty

Fruits I give over weekends so I can keep an eye and take out when needed

3- Can I overfeed on veggies/fruits or will my bird only eat what he can/want's?

I feel like my bird's eating a lot, can that be ?

Fruits I feed him - banana/blueberries/raspberries/grapes/strawberries/apple

Veggies/Seeds- cooked brown rice/cooked pumpkin/cooked sweet potato/corn/green beans/broccoli/cauliflower/peas/sprouted seeds/red chili/carrots

My main concern is the feeding during the day routine

Regards

Jurilee :ballerina:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Bump.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Hi Guys!

I need some help please ....

Electus Male

Zazu
:heart:

+- 4 years old

I read to many conflicting advice on the internet so I would really like some advice from you guys

1- Should I really not feed him any pellets /seeds?

Some good pellets from Vet- maybe once a week?

White Sunflower seeds- once a week ?

2- What will be the correct way serving fresh fruit/veggies during the day(while I am at work)

Currently I am trying to add veggies that won't spoil---feeding this during the day and taking out what's

left as soon as I get home and replace with fresh food.....90% its empty

Fruits I give over weekends so I can keep an eye and take out when needed

3- Can I overfeed on veggies/fruits or will my bird only eat what he can/want's?

I feel like my bird's eating a lot, can that be ?

Fruits I feed him - banana/blueberries/raspberries/grapes/strawberries/apple

Veggies/Seeds- cooked brown rice/cooked pumpkin/cooked sweet potato/corn/green beans/broccoli/cauliflower/peas/sprouted seeds/red chili/carrots

My main concern is the feeding during the day routine

Regards

Jurilee :ballerina:
Ekkies are mainly fruit eaters. The major portion of their diet must be a wide variety of fruit, at least 75% - 80%. Unlike other birdie species, their systems are made to handle all that natural sugar and it is a must for their health and well being.
Add some veggies (Orange veggies are really great), nuts, boiled chicken, scrambled egg, even some quality mashes to make up the other small portion of their diet.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ekkies are mainly fruit eaters. The major portion of their diet must be a wide variety of fruit, at least 75% - 80%. Unlike other birdie species, their systems are made to handle all that natural sugar and it is a must for their health and well being.
Add some veggies (Orange veggies are really great), nuts, boiled chicken, scrambled egg, even some quality mashes to make up the other small portion of their diet.
Thank you my friend! I thought it was different but I wasn't positive...

:gbh: