• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Einstein

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I was just watching Einstein yesterday for the first time! I can't believe his (her?) vocabulary!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I was just watching Einstein yesterday for the first time! I can't believe his (her?) vocabulary!
Me either, quite impressive. His/her... I believe his, parronts must talk to him all day.

I do w/ Buddy (Zon) but his vocabulary skills as a young bird weren't developed properly, IMO. But I still hope he'll speak more english. In the grand scheme, he talks to me in so many other ways, english would just be frosting on the cake! :fairy:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I just came across this the other day, of course the bird has the same accent as his human, but it still surprises me!

Last edited:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I can't watch it much because Buddys jealous & honking. Maybe later when Buddys in bed. Better now that I stopped it. Buddy sounds like my Dad when he says words. It's almost like he's w/ me in another way, @ least for Hi & Goodnight. Those are his most often words...

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Tinker is 15 months old and this is is vocabulary.

Tinker, Tinkeeer.
Hello
Are you OK
I'm OK
Whatcha doing
David
What
Tinkers a good boy
Good Morning
Be careful
Tinker go poop
Peek a Boo
Come on
Come here Tinker
Laughs like both of us
Sounds like a Cardinal
It's ok
Where you going
Come on Step up
Sounds like Chickoletta on Pawpatrol cartoons.
What
Is Tinker ok
Is David ok

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tinker is 15 months old and this is is vocabulary.

Tinker, Tinkeeer.
Hello
Are you OK
I'm OK
Whatcha doing
David
What
Tinkers a good boy
Good Morning
Be careful
Tinker go poop
Peek a Boo
Come on
Come here Tinker
Laughs like both of us
Sounds like a Cardinal
It's ok
Where you going
Come on Step up
Sounds like Chickoletta on Pawpatrol cartoons.
What
Is Tinker ok
Is David ok
I wish I had the link... I recently read an article about how science is now showing that parrots are as smart as primates. They used Greys & Cockatoo's as the top of the parrot intellectual grid but then continued on & said it's not 100% true that they're @ the top. I believe the conclusion was other parrots are just as smart in other ways but its not as recognized by humans as Greys & Toos.

I think Buddy's smart when it comes to understanding language but my Dad & Step Mom were getting a seperation/divorce @ the time his language skills should of been developed. Sparring language is what I suspect, because if anyone gets snarky here w/ someone else, Buddy gets especially distraught. But he only speaks 4-5 actuall words, & usually appropriately but not like Tinker. I wish he was more verbal sometimes. But I.:heart: him for him!