• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Eggs and I am kind of worried

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
"G" is dropping off powdered calcium tonight from the clinic, for in her food.

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is it possible to just give her a nest on the bottom of her cage instead of a box? Then she could have her food and water visible right there and all would be in the daylight or artificial lighting; whatever you use.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
How is Sweet Pea doing?

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
she is eating a little bit. I am making her come out of the nest box a couple times a day blocking the hole, so she does eat.
Is it possible to just give her a nest on the bottom of her cage instead of a box? Then she could have her food and water visible right there and all would be in the daylight or artificial lighting; whatever you use.
I have tried that for months and she refuse to nest on the floor of the cage, with a grate and w/o grate. This Box idea was Dr. Barb and Dr. Tony's idea so she feels that she has some type of privacy. I weight her tonight be/4 bedtime a 104 grams.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
both are tucked into bed. Dr Tony has no apt for tomorrow open. "G" came up and coaxed little Sweet Pea out of her box, got her to eat from her fingers some pellets and sweet potato mash.

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Glad she had some sweet potato mash.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
ok , this Am Weight was 104 grams. I hate being mama meanie, but this girl has to eat and get a drink of water. I got her out to weight her and block the hole to the nest box. I had sweet potato mash /worldly cuisines African sunset and some calcium already in her cage plus her seed and pellet mix. she took huge poop and ate a bunch. she was out about 45 minutes b/4 I removed the block (soft towel).

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Dr. Barb was in my area and stopped over to see Miss Sweet Pea. she brought a quick calcium test and calcium injection if Sweet Pea needed it. after getting Sweet Pea out of the nest box, and quick clip of talon and a few drops of blood, it was found to be a bit low. Mama held her for her shot and got sharp nip (blood drawn) to her index finger. but she is perkier and eating better. she is out of the nest box more to eat and get a drink of water.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea 98 grams and laid another egg

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Just reading this now. Was going to say, based on how small that tiny egg was, chances are, it didn't have a yolk in it! And it's not due to lack of calcium, either... it just happens. No clear indication of why.

Little excerpt from here... The Importance of Calcium - Just Cockatiels!

If the egg moves too fast (don't know the causes of this) then it does not pick up the yolk but the other steps are done in the uterus it will result in an egg with no yolk. An egg with no yolk will not hatch.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
when Dr. Barb was here the other day, we cracked shrimp-o egg. it was all shell and maybe 1 cc of white. it was tough to crack being all shell. she took it to the clinic to have Dr. Tony look at it.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
putting her to bed tonight, I found another egg in the back of the box. dang it that is 6 eggs now. SP 99 grams today.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea moved this AM to the darker side of the living room. after talking with both vets and their views this has to have some type of control and soon. she has been out of the nest box most of the day, eating like there is no tomorrow in sight.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Sweet Pea is doing great, no more eggies. Moving her to darker side of the living room seems to have stopped the eggie business. I removed the nest box 2 days after I moved her. she eating like there is no tomorrow. she is going to bed about 7- 7:30ish. she is front of my deck door and those outside birdies are flying by and she isn't sure about that. but I have the drapes half open so she is only seeing a apart of the outside world.

rocky'smom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
Holy hizzzzz, here we go again. some birdy is flatting her back and making all these 'girly noises' again. Mama moved her cage is the old site, took the 100W bulb out and put a 60W bulb in it's place. reduced the hours by 2 hours in the evening and move Bebe in front of the deck windows, cuz he ain't laying no eggs, THANK GOD FOR ALL FAVORS!!!!!!!!!!!!! does this season ever end ????????

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8: