• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Edgar's new cage, thank you very much

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Yesterday Edgar got his new cage. Big thank you to all of you who gave me advices and insight and put pictures of their cages so I could get inspired and measured bar spaces. It was a big help for me.
Edgar seems quite calm in his new home. I was afraid that he will be nervous. Yesterday he was, so he slept in his old cage. Today he seems ok in his new one. Bribery works wonders. He got piece of cracker and some sunflower seeds to warm him to his new home.
For now my room is cluttered because even though I have space for new bigger cage, I definitely do not have space for two cages. I left old one in my room for now just in case. But it's ok. I'm just squeezing myself around the cages.
The new cage is quite bare of toys for now but new items for toy making are on their way. I should get them in a few days time.
Once again thank you for your help. Thank you very much.
IMG_20190213_082934.jpg
IMG_20190213_083339.jpg

Comet

Strolling the yard
Glad to hear you've gotten so much help on this forum! I don't think I've personally had the chance to be one of those influences for you, but I want to say that I love the cage, and I'm happy he's doing so well!

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Wow!!! That is a fabulous cage! I feel like it even deserves a name, like "Chez Edgar" or something :hehe:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Great cage! We had to walk around two old cages when we moved our goffins to their new divider cage. :faint: I totally know how you feel, so I can't wait until you're down to just one cage again.

And I can't wait to see the toys you make. I'm always looking for inspiration. :)

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Great cage! :)
Thank you. I'm very happy with it. I can tell Edgar accepts it in full.
I can't wait until you're down to just one cage again
I think I will move it today. It will be balcony cage for summer. Now Edgar will have his winter residence and sort of summer residence (I don't plan to keep him on the balcony for the whole day of course). He lives better life than I do :hehe:
And I can't wait to see the toys you make. I'm always looking for inspiration. :)
Actually I just recieved part of the items for toy making. I got round birch slices. I have to drill the holes in them and connect them with big wooden beads.

Davi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Davi
Ooooo, that's great idea! I have to find some fancy name. Emmm... what is chez exactly?:D
I'm not exactly sure, but something along the lines of "The Residence of Edgar" in French, but hopefully someone else can confirm! :-D

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Sad update. I didn't want to create new thread so I'm writing here.
The new cage is not good. Before I put Edgar in it I measured each and every bar space. I did it well, thoroughly. The bar spaces are a little bit bigger than in Edgar's old cage but I was sure they will be ok. But somehow Edgar managed do stuck his head between the bars. He didn't push it through, didn't even push it through his eyes, but he couldn't take his head out. Fortunately I was standing by the cage so I could react immediately by pushing his head back.
He is ok, his old self, has a little redness on the side of his head, but otherwise is perfectly allright. I for the other hand am shaking. I understand nothing happened, Edgar is ok, I keep repeating this to myself, but still I'm shaking. And I'm so angry with myself. I thought this cage will be ok, I was happy with it but it turned out that it was dangerous. Thank God I was so close. What if I was in another room. What if I was at work?

Comet

Strolling the yard
Oh no... You got to him in time, just be grateful for that..
Is there a way you can return the new cage, and temporarily put him back in his old one before finding another new one with more suitable bar spacing?

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Oh no... You got to him in time, just be grateful for that..?
Yes, you are right. I am grateful. I really am.
Oh no... You got to him in time, just be grateful for that..
Is there a way you can return the new cage, and temporarily put him back in his old one before finding another new one with more suitable bar spacing?
Yes. I will do just that. In fact he is already in his old cage. The problem is for the new one I will have to wait three months. Now I'm buying Manhattan cage. This my only option considering that in Poland there are no proper cages (Except of this one and Montana).

Comet

Strolling the yard
He'll be okay in his regular cage for another three months. Just keep him entertained, and I'm sure he'll love the new one when it arrives!
You're doing a wonderful job with him.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
He'll be okay in his regular cage for another three months. Just keep him entertained, and I'm sure he'll love the new one when it arrives!
You're doing a wonderful job with him.
Thank you. I needed this. Right now I feel like bad parront.

Comet

Strolling the yard
You're welcome, Imogena. And I know that he doesn't think you're a bad parront!

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Oh, I am sorry, I didn't read the whole post and therefore didn't realize that you had suffered a minor setback. You will find the right one.
Thank you. I hope so. Right now I doubt even Montana cage. Manhattan model has 3 mm bar thickness. I don't know if it is not too small. And I'm not buying anything more than 2 cm bar spacing. Not after what happened today. Now I'm even a little scared that Edgar will somehow stick his head throught the bars in his old cage. But he has been living in it three months and a half and nothing happened. Eh, I have go to sleep, tomorrow I will have better mind.