• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus Roll Call!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Debbie, that Eko 'I love you' video melts my heart every time. He has the sweetest voice. :heart::heart: And Mojo (I think) in the backgriund always cracks me up. :lol:

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
That is Mojo in the background. LOL I swear, if at gunpoint someone told me I had to choose one bird, it would be Eko. He is such a love. And a total stinker. I posted the newest trick he learned yesterday. How to turn off the bird room lights. He is the smartest thing. Eclectus are not supposed to be known for mischief. But boy, is he ever naughty!!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Calling all Ekkies on Eclectus Alley!

Introduce the ekkies in your life, and please post pics if possible.

This is Olivander, Ollie for short. He is a rehome I took in a couple of weeks ago, and so far, he has been nothing short of wonderful!

View attachment 6204
Monica,

I love Ollie!! I am so happy for you that you ended up deciding to go meet him and bring him home. He is so cute and seems like such a great match for your family:)

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Surely there must be more ekkies here! Where's Howard? And how about Remy? Gaby? Sophie? Stevie? Fiona? Pepper? Skittles? Buddy? Monty? Have I missed anyfid?

Last edited:

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Wow, Sandy. They are beautiful!!! Are they a bonded pair?

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Such gorgeous ekkies! :D

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Janet, the picture of Remy in mid-flight is just amazing. Every time I see it, it takes my breath away!
The thing I notice about ekkies is that they look more alike than other species, like greys. I have a hard time seeing differences. I would swear those head shots are of Ollie!

Jorg S.

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jorg S
Calling all Ekkies on Eclectus Alley!

Introduce the ekkies in your life, and please post pics if possible.

This is Olivander, Ollie for short. He is a rehome I took in a couple of weeks ago, and so far, he has been nothing short of wonderful!

View attachment 6204
Monica,
I'm so happy for you and glad you took Ollie in to your home.
He is so beautiful :heart:
How is he getting along with the others?

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Fiona is my baby girl - the red headed princess of our house. I had her shipped to me from New Orleans when she was 4 mths old, she is almost 6 years old. Fiona had an event at 2 years of age where she suffered a reaction to vitamin fortified and artificially colored foods. She began toe tapping, wing flipping and had a seizure. She began to self mutilate her foot and chewed a toe off. She continues to chew but has recovered quite a lot over the last year or so. She stopped talking at the time of her original event. She is sweet, mild mannered, usually pretty darned quiet except for the LOUD crow-like alarm call she makes every time someone comes in, out or near the front door. Just recently, Fiona began to talk again! She is a wonderful eater and loves her baths.

Here is my Fiona with her favorite sayings - Hi Baby Girl, Momma's Girl, Hi Girlfrend! She does say a few others occassionally, but these are her favs.

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
Jim can you imagine the little nightmares we'd produce if we got Merlin and Sophie together. They'd have to come with a warning. "This bird will take over your life and run it." Thank goodness there's a huge ocean between Sophie and Merlin.