• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Eclectus Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

makato

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Maria
So I use Hagan Tropican and Tropimix for my flock. Is that a good choice for Eclectus? I know they have special dietary needs, so I want to make sure. I am having a hard time finding choice Eclectus foods online.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Would they be the base diet? When I was researching Eclectus diet, I found quite a lot of people fed one and/or both of these, I seen them mentioned a lot as part of their Eclectus’ diet.

stephwin

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Most of Slimer’s diet is fresh fruits, veggies, and grains. He gets about 2 tablespoons of pellets a day, but he does have a foraging toy with extra pellets if he wants more. We usually feed him Zupreem Natural or TOPS. As far as his fresh foods, he gets a combination of fruits in the morning like strawberry, kiwi, pom, mango, blueberry, and apple. For dinner he usually gets a 15 bean blend (don’t add the spices), brown rice or some other grain, and then a mix of vegetables like peppers, leafy greens, broccoli, carrots, sweet potato, etc. I mix it up week-to-week depending on what fruits and vegetables are on sale but that is a list of the foods he usually eats.

Do you feed any fresh food at all? I looked at the two you listed and the Tropimix seems like it might be better than the Tropican, but I’m sure more experienced Eclectus owners will chime in.

annie1

Walking the driveway
Real Name
manuela
i feed him inbetween all organic volksman eclectus diet .but only more like a snack type ....and the rest she only gets vedggies and fruit ,rice and sprouts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.