• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Early morning chatter

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
I get up around 5am during the week and most days enjoy listening to one or both of my ekkies chatter and practice words in the dark bird room downstairs. Love it. Very rarely do I manage to record any of it! Caught a clip today, though. Mr. Spock was practicing so some of it is mumbled pretty badly. But you can hear his "c'mere, step up" over and over. At the end he does a big smooch and says "I love you" and "such a sweet bird". I just love their sweet voices! Turn your volume up - I was recording from upstairs!

Voice_004.m4a - Google Drive

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Very cute! I've never heard my Eckie practice before, she just makes little ohh noises and loud whistles.

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
Some of them are such closet talkers! Mine will both say quite a few words but often when we're not in the same room... however, Tigger tells me "I love you" and gives lots of kisses every night when I tuck them in. :heart:

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
My Poppy used to make very cute chatter to herself daily when she was left alone in the living room. It was adorable and i tried to encourage it by coming to her cage and making the same noises back to her.... She hasn't formally started talking or practicing what sounds like words yet. However--- my biggest concern is she has now taken to squawking, or what sounds like a crow's call ... constantly. :( It is almost as if she's exchanged one for the other and I am not sure what happened to make this behavior occur. Now when she is left alone she makes NO sound, and when i come out to her in the living room and she seems me she starts the squawking non-stop until I leave the room again. Its very strange

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
My Poppy used to make very cute chatter to herself daily when she was left alone in the living room. It was adorable and i tried to encourage it by coming to her cage and making the same noises back to her.... She hasn't formally started talking or practicing what sounds like words yet. However--- my biggest concern is she has now taken to squawking, or what sounds like a crow's call ... constantly. :( It is almost as if she's exchanged one for the other and I am not sure what happened to make this behavior occur. Now when she is left alone she makes NO sound, and when i come out to her in the living room and she seems me she starts the squawking non-stop until I leave the room again. Its very strange
Has something changed in your appearance - like your hair cut/style/color?? Is it only you she does that with?
Mine usually do that crow call as an alarm - if someone walks by outside their window, etc.

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
@EkkieLuv - Yes she only started doing it with me. I even walked in and out of the living room to test the theory and 10/10 .... My entering the room caused her to start cawing out, in increasing volume. As soon as I am out of view she stops. It is very frustrating. I am her main caretaker, and she isn't being aggressive at all, she steps up nicely etc but has been overly demanding the last few days I've noticed. She's doing that baby/chugging action with her beak so I'm being told in other threads she is regressing and asking for formula even though she's been off of it for well over 2 months....

EkkieLuv

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leslie
The other threads sound right on... she sees you and is calling for your attention perhaps. You didn't mention if your hair or anything has changed but I'm guessing if she's still stepping up for you, then the calling is because she wants something. I have zero experience with the very young ones so can't be of much help on the regression issue!!

EsJ87

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Esther
Thank you anyway :) -- My appearance, her environment na her typical out of cage time have not changed at all. I think that why I'm at such a loss of what the heck happened. I've gotten her out of the cage, spoken softly to her, tried to give her some cuddles and support, offered a little shower, fed her, all to no avail. Just keeps going cawww, cawww. I'm sad I don't know what she wants or why she is mad. I'll keep hopes up this is just a phase. . .