• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dumping food bowls

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Fred is a cutie. I always said an RB2 was my fantasy bird. Now that I have a G2, I don't know if I can handle 2 cockatoos (and the fiancé says absolutely not) but they are so, so pretty.
I can't imagine Elvis with another too...my Fred could learn a lot from him...no thanks! Haha! You would get home and find a kitchen like on Jumangi! Lol Or maybe a RB2 would calm Elvis down, Fred is pretty laid back. The last couple days he's been on an independent streak. He wants to be with us but hasn't really wanted to be handled. He's been giving kisses, but no cuddles lol.

Last edited:

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Or maybe a RB2 would calm Elvis down,
I don't know...Elvis was not happy about meeting Milton when he was here...he did take a shine to Buddy, though. E let her preen him...:p

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
What kind of bird is Buddy? I thought that was the cutest thing ever!
Buddy is a Nanday Conure...a grumbly Nanday Conure...she's grumbling and eating as I post this...it's her two favorite pastimes...;)

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
6AFECF85-0912-421D-BAB1-DDF0F395C981.jpeg 6AFECF85-0912-421D-BAB1-DDF0F395C981.jpeg CBE02414-0EDE-4162-A515-6C9A129DC0E2.jpeg 9DE752E6-7E91-49BF-B9A0-AE94612CCF85.jpeg 983CC15D-AD1A-43E5-8460-B89AE9854541.jpeg
Yes! There's another member that has a bowl with like a steel frame that he pushes into it from the outside! I can't remember if he bought it or if its something he made though! I will see if I can find it!
That was me. And his cage is built that way. It might be something you can retrofit to your pre-existing doors though if you’re handy enough.

Problem is, he can’t get the bowl out but that doesn’t mean he can’t use his beak as a shovel to quickly irradiate the food from the bowl:rolleyes: Which he loves to do.

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Dexter has made a habit of chucking his food/water at me, but he has to open the doors from The outside first! No help from me.

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
I just realized my phone somehow auto corrected to saying “irradiate” the food. That sure would be interesting if he could do that with his beak hahaha

I meant to write eradicate:lol:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
View attachment 294251 View attachment 294251 View attachment 294252 View attachment 294253 View attachment 294254
That was me. And his cage is built that way. It might be something you can retrofit to your pre-existing doors though if you’re handy enough.

Problem is, he can’t get the bowl out but that doesn’t mean he can’t use his beak as a shovel to quickly irradiate the food from the bowl:rolleyes: Which he loves to do.
Thanks. I'll have to see if I can figure something like that out.

BirdEE

Walking the driveway
I had the day off work due to the flu. This is ONE day of shovel beak throwing his food onto the floor while on his living room gym. Whether on his gym or in his cage, food must find its way to floor :rolleyes:. I clean it every night after he goes to bed. Today is a bit worse since he’s been out all day and he eats on his stand (although this is how it looks every Saturday and Sunday haha). But if it’s not his gym it’s his cage. He’s giving me the look of “someone broke in and spilled all my food, Dad”.

ED43FFD4-F1BF-4885-A16E-F6D3A61BDB9A.jpeg

Last edited:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I had the day off work due to the flu. This is ONE day of shovel beak throwing his food onto the floor while on his living room gym. Whether on his gym or in his cage, food must find its way to floor :rolleyes:. I clean it every night after he goes to bed. Today is a bit worse since he’s been out all day and he eats on his stand (although this is how it looks every Saturday and Sunday haha). But if it’s not his gym it’s his cage. He’s giving me the look of “someone broke in and spilled all my food, Dad”.

View attachment 294358
Elvis is a food thrower too.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
Put a perch directly across the top of the bowl...a smaller one so they can still get into the bowl but big enough so that they can't get the bowl out and low enough so that the bowl can't come out but high enough so that the bowl can freely move in and out with the feeder door. This is great for the food throwers too!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Put a perch directly across the top of the bowl...a smaller one so they can still get into the bowl but big enough so that they can't get the bowl out and low enough so that the bowl can't come out but high enough so that the bowl can freely move in and out with the feeder door. This is great for the food throwers too!:)
That's a good idea too. Except he likes to bury his clips in his food. I'll have to see if he can still do that with the perch there. He'll literally spend an hour burying and unburying his clips. Not sure why but anything that keeps him happy.......

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
That's a good idea too. Except he likes to bury his clips in his food. I'll have to see if he can still do that with the perch there. He'll literally spend an hour burying and unburying his clips. Not sure why but anything that keeps him happy.......
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He definitely keeps you on your toes doesn't he! Maybe you need another cup just for burying stuff in with rocks or something!:)

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

He definitely keeps you on your toes doesn't he! Maybe you need another cup just for burying stuff in with rocks or something!:)
I've thought about trying to make him something. I really probably need to just get his room completely bird proofed so he can play all day outside his cage. He's a busy boy.... Of course, I also suspect there is no "bird proofing" when it comes o Elvis....