• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dull feathers?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
So I know I've been slack lately. Rio has been on my mind a lot. I've noticed Tuki's feathers are looking a little dull since I've not been feeding him his fruits and veggies. What are some good ones that help with that? I want him to grow into the beautiful bird below. IMG_1918.PNG

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Unfiltered sunlight helps with feather condition, as well as a good diet. That looks like a wild bird so he would get a lot of sunlight. What else does he get besides fruits and veggies?
Does he bathe himself?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
He gets nutriberries twice a day, millet weekly and pellets daily. He's on Harrison's high potency fine currently. I know he won't look like that unless I take him outside. And he has to be in a cage of some sort because he's not harness trained. I'll be glad when summer gets here and I can take them both outside in the sun. I have a small-medium type cage that I can sit outside while I read a book or something

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
Should I be adding seed to it as well? Something like Higgins? I'm going to petsmart and petco this weekend to get some items for my sons gecko, so I can pick up some items if need be. I'm also going to the grocery store so I will see what kind of fruits and veggies, pasta, etc they have

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder