• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Drs. Foster & Smith 30% off

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does not include sale items or items with manufacturer's set pricing.
Code: LOYALBRD
Expires 11/16/2017 11:59CST
Can't be combined with other offers.

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
Oooh, thank you

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Only one I know of for bird stuff is Lafeber (specifically nutriberries). That just started this year
:(:(:(
Everything Lafeber: Avicakes, Popcorn, etc.
The Pak-O-Birds and the cages have all been put on sale so can't apply the 30% code. :(

I need some small Caitec Oven Fresh Bites. Ordered a 15 lb. box of medium at Petsolutions the other day (best price, IMO). They don't sell the small size so will order a few package from Foster & Smith.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ooh thanks! I need Caitech OFB.

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
If you order Zupreem from them, be prepared to wait up to 2 months. They have had quality control issues, and sent back numerous shipments. So I waited almost 75 days for my order. Just an FYI...

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

They had to. Stores in USA that were in major competition online were selling them at LESS then cost. Then stores would contact Laf. and demand a lower price to compete with those main stores. I think Harrison's does the same, they control the prices by only distributing to a small number of suppliers. I wouldn't be surprised if all companies do this.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They had to. Stores in USA that were in major competition online were selling them at LESS then cost. Then stores would contact Laf. and demand a lower price to compete with those main stores. I think Harrison's does the same, they control the prices by only distributing to a small number of suppliers. I wouldn't be surprised if all companies do this.
No competitive pricing any more as far as I can tell. There used to be some flexibility but now the small avicakes and parrot popcorn don't seem to go below $5.49 or $9.99 respectively although I did see them cheaper at Birdsafe Store (never purchased anything from there and don't see anything about free shipping).

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
The Pak-O-Birds and the cages have all been put on sale so can't apply the 30% code. :(

I need some small Caitec Oven Fresh Bites. Ordered a 15 lb. box of medium at Petsolutions the other day (best price, IMO). They don't sell the small size so will order a few package from Foster & Smith.
how do you find the oven fresh bites as pellets or are they more of a good treat ? just got my first bag to try for my girl the medium ones as Danita had them on sale.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
how do you find the oven fresh bites as pellets or are they more of a good treat ? just got my first bag to try for my girl the medium ones as Danita had them on sale.

They are food pellets and I use them in combination with a seed mix. Most of my birds like the Oven Fresh Bites but I have two who just toss them.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

The Oven Fresh Bites are currently my birds' main diet. I give the quakers Medium as they do not like the small (the ingredients are slightly different is maybe why). It is a fortified diet which is what I need, and the ingredients are a nice change from the traditional corn based ones (which I still do feed as part of the diet - mainly Zupreem and Lafeber)

Jazzy*

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
okay thank you Shawna for the reply good to hear that your quakers like them :) also how many do you give a day?. I just got my package from things for wings the other day have yet to post pics lol

she is just starting to try them today it looks like, I broke them up into small pieces for her to try.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
okay thank you Shawna for the reply good to hear that your quakers like them :) also how many do you give a day?. I just got my package from things for wings the other day have yet to post pics lol

she is just starting to try them today it looks like, I broke them up into small pieces for her to try.

Mine will only eat them if they aren't crumbled :lol: I don't know why they are so picky! I usually give them about 1.5 tbsp worth of them, which ends up being 6 to 8 nuggets. Then I give a half tbsp combined of their other pellets to go with them.