• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dream come true ...

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
So I have always had horses in my life since I was 10 except for the last 16 years ..once my last horse passed life just went another way but I always carried them in my heart ..I always knew some way they would come back to me ...well a dear friend of mine brought the opportunity for one to come my way ...she was looking for one to lease herself and came across a lady that was 20 mins from my house who trains mustangs ...and was looking to lease a couple of her mustangs out ...so I went yesterday to meet a beautiful Dunn colored mustang named J-Lo ...she is 8 years old and a lovely ride ...I don't know how the riding is going to work with my Fibro but I am determined to make it work ..this is like a dream come true for me ...after riding yesterday I am sore today but who wouldn't be after not riding for 16 yrs ...so I am going to ride mornings Tues, Thurs and weekends ...the lady who owns J-Lo goes to the mountains ,river and does the cowboy challenge ...so that is very cool ..I am so excited to be going on this adventure .. :)

photo1.jpg photo5.jpg photo2.jpg photo7.jpg

:fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2:

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Congrats! She is a beauty! :heart:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
:fairy2:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
How exciting for you. I am so glad you are enjoying yourself.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:congrats5:

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Thanks everyone ..this is something I have been waiting for for a long time ...you know when you have a passion in your life but have to give it up for one reason or another but it never goes away ..thats how riding has been for me ...I would see people riding along in their pastures and would wish so hard that was me it would almost bring me to tears ..I would remember how much I loved riding my own horses and how much those years are missed ...how the very first thing I would do if I won the lottery is buy a horse ...believe me is isnt easy going back to it I am sore ..very sore ..but its a good sore ..working muscles I havent used in forever ...and the smell ...god the smell of a horse ..I love that smell ..I am so glad Im doing this again ..believe me if you have a passion you left behind try to find it again it will make you a happier person :fairy2::fairy2::fairy2::fairy2:

SallyQZ

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Congrats!! I know how you feel. I've loved horses since I was old enough to know what a horse was, and I've been fortunate enough to have been able to share my life with these amazing animals for the past 38 yrs. I'm glad you got a chance to have a horse in your life again!

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Happy happy joy joy! Love a good news story!

Congrats! :chipmunks: