1. Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doves new to Odins' Bird Rescue

Discussion in 'Softbill Circle' started by Odin, 11/7/18.

1. Odin

Odin Rollerblading along the road

Chantal
    A lady witha a cancer diagnosis recently brought these two to the rescue. Wow, they are amazing! I have not been around these types of birds before, apart from the pigeons at the farm.
    They are somewhat tamed, very beautiful and the sounds they make are outright haunting! doces.jpg

2. sunnysmom

sunnysmom Joyriding the Neighborhood Celebirdy of the Month Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award Avenue Veteran

Michelle
    Awww. Do you know what kind they are? I was asked to foster diamond doves awhile ago and was pretty excited about it but they got adopted before I got them. Which is great for them, of course, but I was looking forward to working with doves.

EkkieLu likes this.
  3. Odin

Odin Rollerblading along the road

Chantal
    They are white ring necks.

EkkieLu and jaanniss like this.
  4. jaanniss

jaanniss Checking out the neighborhood

... just wanted to let you know this beautiful pair have found their way to my home, they are delightful!

5. EkkieLu

EkkieLu Rollerblading along the road Mayor of the Avenue Avenue Spotlight Award

Tricia
    Welcome Aboard! So glad you're here! And many congrats on your new babies!!!

Erikalynnha likes this.
  6. jaanniss

jaanniss Checking out the neighborhood

Thank You everyone for your welcome! This is a mated pair who have successfully raised one clutch over the past few months and arrived as a family. One of the young is a maturing male and has since been settled into a separate cage and is happy with bells to ring. I have experience with bird keeping and have raised many Java Doves but it has been awhile :)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)