• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Don't need a cage for Dodger anymore...

Mark & Da Boyz

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Mark
Dodger was a "Drop Off" at the pet store I go to. Seems a older couple came in and left him and a cage of finches on the counter then left without saying anything to anyone. I brought him home and started working with him as he knew nothing, not "Step Up" or good food. Took a long time but he's good at step up now and eats just about anything. He fell in love with Nibble but he and Piper didn't hit it off at all.

Broke down, scrubbed and and then put Dodgers cage in the closet. Oh, Dodger's fine...he just moved into the BIG cage with Nibble & Piper. He had wanted to do so for years but he and Piper didn't really get along at the time. Lately I had noticed them sitting next to each other without a problem. So I put him in with them in the daytime and they got on fine. So I started let him spend the nights and after a couple of weeks it's a done deal. And just think it only took FIVE YEARS! Even so he's a "Hands Off" fella. BUT I know he has a good home and good food to eat and buddies he can get along with.

He's my "Handsome Guy" as I tell him all the time.

Nice thing is it opens up a lot more room in the computer/birdroom...I think I can move my printer in now!

Lost Foot Dodger.jpeg

Last edited:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s so cute!:faint: It sounds like he definitely found the right home with you! I’m glad he’s getting along with everyone now. I fantasize about putting all my birds in one cage, but I can’t see it happening anytime soon. Cappuccino is too much of a bully.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Dodger is a handsome chap, for sure!

As for a "hands off" guy...he's got a lot in common that way with our Mocha...I always like to say that Mocha thinks humans waste valuable oxygen by breathing it. ;)

...and to tell you the truth, that crusty tiel has a special place in my heart...:heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!