• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dogs or Cats?

Dogs or Cats?

• Cats

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Dogs

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

SquawksNibbles

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kiera
I thought it’d be interesting to create a poll about dogs or cats. So if you want, vote in the poll above, and perhaps explain your choice in a reply, if you wish. Remember there are no right or wrong answers!

I will go ahead and say that I have grown up with both dogs and cats and love both very much. Seriously, both my dogs and cats are the reason I became an animal lover so early in my life. However, if I had to choose, dogs. There is just something about dogs that I love so much - dogs are usually so loving and want to be with their humans 24/7. I know not all dogs are like this and that even some cats are like this, but you’ve got to admit, you hear and see more about dogs acting like a person’s shadow, constantly following their owners around and wanting to receive/give love. A lot of cats are more independent, however most will beg for attention via headbutts, but in my experience, most do this on their terms and some of the cats I’ve had/seen will downright ignore their owners otherwise. I know there are plenty of exceptions to this, however, even I have proof (our snuggly kitty, Yoda)! Even I love having a usually independent animal, but I just adore animals that basically worship their owners, and for me, this goes to the dogs.

Both cats and dogs are all around great companion animals. This was a very difficult decision for me just because I love both dearly. However, my pick came down to my experiences and what I have seen/heard.

So, now, cast your votes! I can’t wait to hear/see everyone’s opinions!

green&grey

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Birds, duh!

I can't decide - I have dogs, never had cats of my own but took care of a few. I think that the decision depends more on the person's lifestyle as they can both be wonderful companions when treated well :)

Though personally, I think a cat would better suit me, as a pet. I love my doggos but it gets hard to keep up with their energy. Sadly I'm really allergic and have other animals that a cat would consider prey, so a feline friend is probably never gonna happen.