• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Doggo vs birb

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Call it temporary insanity/idiocy:shocked4:
Unfortunately it also includes other resident flock members. I can recall a couple of members who lost fids to other fids in their flock. Somebirdy who was smart enough to get out of their cage and stupid enough (e.g.) to go to an enemy's cage and get attacked to the point where the former was fatally wounded.

I've just returned from Dr. Scott's because a budgie I'm fostering decided it was a good idea to try nesting in a gcc's nestbox. The gccs are caged for most of the day while the small birds are out and about. There are safe nestboxes for the tiels and budgies (there are 2 girls being fostered). But nooooooo, an available box wouldn't do, it HAD to be an inhabited box in a bonded couple's cage. Thankfully what I thought was a broken leg isn't, it's sore and sprained but not bitten or broken. So Skye who has stated exactly what she thinks (in very proficient angry Budgiearian cursing) about being put in a travelling container, covered, mandhandled, checked, taken home and placed in a hospital cage for 4 weeks (she doesn't know that part yet) is safe. I am cursed in Budgiearian when I put food/water/special perch in her very small cage and you should have heard the cursing when I covered her for the night.

I guess budgies outweigh gccs in size, attitude and sheer determination/stupidity. I've said the same about gccs.

HolliDaze

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Unfortunately it also includes other resident flock members. I can recall a couple of members who lost fids to other fids in their flock. Somebirdy who was smart enough to get out of their cage and stupid enough (e.g.) to go to an enemy's cage and get attacked to the point where the former was fatally wounded.

I've just returned from Dr. Scott's because a budgie I'm fostering decided it was a good idea to try nesting in a gcc's nestbox. The gccs are caged for most of the day while the small birds are out and about. There are safe nestboxes for the tiels and budgies (there are 2 girls being fostered). But nooooooo, an available box wouldn't do, it HAD to be an inhabited box in a bonded couple's cage. Thankfully what I thought was a broken leg isn't, it's sore and sprained but not bitten or broken. So Skye who has stated exactly what she thinks (in very proficient angry Budgiearian cursing) about being put in a travelling container, covered, mandhandled, checked, taken home and placed in a hospital cage for 4 weeks (she doesn't know that part yet) is safe. I am cursed in Budgiearian when I put food/water/special perch in her very small cage and you should have heard the cursing when I covered her for the night.

I guess budgies outweigh gccs in size, attitude and sheer determination/stupidity. I've said the same about gccs.
I had my bird husbandry teacher (and good friend) tell me this story: she gave a U2 to her neighbor (she rescues birds) who also had a cockatiel. Her neighbor took a nap, the U2 on a stand and the tiel in his cage. They U2 climbed down, to the cockatiel, opened it's cage, and bit the poor birds beak off. He had to be euthanized because the injury was so severe that he could no longer eat. Her neighbor promptly returned the U2

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I had my bird husbandry teacher (and good friend) tell me this story: she gave a U2 to her neighbor (she rescues birds) who also had a cockatiel. Her neighbor took a nap, the U2 on a stand and the tiel in his cage. They U2 climbed down, to the cockatiel, opened it's cage, and bit the poor birds beak off. He had to be euthanized because the injury was so severe that he could no longer eat. Her neighbor promptly returned the U2
Acccck! How awful.

Thanks for listening to other members. It's hard to believe your furry or feathered friends would ever hurt someone, but it happens. It may never, ever happen to yours but - there is no guarantee.

I like your signature, ,btw.

ode.to.parrots

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Cary
Thank you so much for listening to the wise advice!!! :D

That's one of the wonderful things about this forum - we all have each other's (and our birds') backs!

HolliDaze

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Machelle
Acccck! How awful.

Thanks for listening to other members. It's hard to believe your furry or feathered friends would ever hurt someone, but it happens. It may never, ever happen to yours but - there is no guarantee.

I like your signature, ,btw.
Thanks =D