• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

*~* Dog Roll Call!! *~*

lindsey88

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
lindsey
There was a cat roll call so why not a dog one?
Hank my beautiful mutt dog. I rescued him out of the middle of the road, he is 4 years old.

Leighla my shih tzu. she is my heart! She will be two in december.

Gabby my Shadow, she was dumped at my grandparents house 4 years ago. She is about 9 years old.

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
This is going to be fun!!!

This is Abby, she is my 7 year old basset hound. I have had her since she was a baby. Her breeders show dogs and I was their puppy sitter! Abby actually picked me so I had no choice in the matter! ;)

Abbylou.jpg AbbyLou - 6 years-2.jpg

She has been attached to my hip for as long as I can remember and I can't imagine life without here! She is my :heart: dog!

Lindsey your dogs are adorable!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
This is Clyde. He's 13.5 years old. He was dropped off at the humane society and had no luck homing him. They called a rescue who took him in, and I met him his first week there. he was 6.5 years old when I adopted him. He is the most loyal, loving friend you could ask for. I'm so thankful he's still with me as his health has been deteriorating over the last year.

This is Nikki. I adopted her from a different rescue 2 years after I adopted Clyde. I went looking for a calm female dog for a companion for Clyde as he's a very dominant male. I went to get a large dog. Look what I ended up with?!?!?! lol She was found as a stray with a destroyed leg and had her leg amputated, then put up for adoption. She had been in the rescue for two months before I adopted her. I really struggled with adopting her because I wanted a large dog. But she won over my heart, and Clyde chose her out of all the other dogs. It was so difficult introducing some of the dogs to him, but he instantly loved her. They are best friends. She's my little princess and the boss of the house for sure. lol She's about 10-11 years old now.

kastelling

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Megan
My girls:

from left to right:
Betty, 3 yrs old, adopted off of craigslist as a stray that needed a home
Polly, 6 yrs old, same as betty
Bushi, 9 yrs old, adopted from a local shelter

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Awesome idea!

Here's my Penny baby,I love her more then anything. She is my baby,I raised her from the second she was born. She truely is my :heart:. She is 10 years young this April,and she still acts like a puppy.

crt95

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Christine
Awwwww! I just love seeing all the pups and hearing their great stories!
Tim I love the last pic it's something you should treasure forever!

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
All of your pups are gorgous!:heart: I love dogs! :D Never had one though...:huh: :lol:
Yes I'm in a very smilie mood. :hehe:

~birdybea~

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
First up is my baby, Mickey. :heart: He's a 9 year old jack russell, and the coolest dog ever!

And a puppy pic! *squee*

We've also got Buffy, who until recently was mum's working guide dog (mum is legally blind). In good old labrador style she ate something (god knows what) and managed to end up with cyrrhosis in a matter of days. Thankfully the damage seemed to reach a certain level and since then her liver has stabilised and is functioning ok now, she certainly acts like a well dog and is very happy to be retired from work (i call it the most elaborate "sickie" in doggy history, lazy girl). She'll be 8 years old in December.

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
My two (Amber on the left, Topaz on the right) looking dorky. Both rescues and both 6 years old in this picture, though Amber is 7 now.

SallyQZ

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Loree
Here is a pic of Jemma - our 2 1/2 yr old rottweiler female, a couple pics of her as a puppy and one as an adult! And Bubba, our 12 yr old male dachshund.

Attachments

Erin1979

Real Name
Erin
This is Mr. Bojangles (Bo).

We got him almost two years ago from a dog shelter. He was found as a stray. The vet guesses that he is almost 3 years old now.
I love this dog although he sometimes fails at going outside when he needs to potty, failed obedience class and didn't graduate and is scared to death of cats.
He is still the sweetest thing ever. :heart:

emeraldlake

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Diane
Dax is the 7 year old lab mix, we got him from the pound as a puppy. My husband/ boyfriend at the time was looking for a smaller older dog that was potty trained and he was the only puppy in the place. Of course he fell in love with him and that was that. Knew he was going to be big because he paws where huge lol. Gypsy is the 6 year old silky terrier, I got her from a breeder in Kansas, she is the sweetest little girl.

IMG_1607.jpg IMG_1608.jpg IMG_1610.jpg IMG_1611.jpg

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
CoCo: She's a 7 year old German Shepherd/Yellow Lab Mix

coco and daddy.jpg coco with kittens.jpg coco jumping.jpg

Lily: 3 year old Coton de Tulear

lily puppy.jpg lily.jpg

My Babies :heart:

coco and lily.jpg

Last edited:

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
This is my Pepper. :heart: He is estimated to be about 4 years old.

photo1.jpg

We weren't looking for a dog really, but last 4th of july we met the cutest little guy and I started bugging hubby for a dog. Later that night I went on petfinder and found a shih-tzu rescue and then found Pepper's picture. I just saw something in his beautiful eyes that connected with me...so I kept waking hubby up as he was falling asleep with Pepper's photo in his face....very mature I know lol....and he finally agreed to take me to meet him the next Saturday. :)

He had a home, put then was picked up by animal control as a stray. He had a collar and tags, so they called the owners who said they were coming to get him, but they never did. After a month, animal control contacted the rescue and they brought him in. I can't imagine anyone wouldn't want this sweetheart!!

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I have 3 Siberian Huskies. No pictures though because that takes 2 people and my husband doesn't cooperate. The only pictures I end up with are noses on camera lens.
Nicole is a grey (almost black) and white with blue eyes. Got her from a friend who had a litter but she doesn't meet breed standards so they sold her to me very cheap.
Wolfgang is a silver and white with blue eyes. Got him from a breeder who sold him very cheaply because he and his siter had a minor genetic defect and could not be shown or breed.
Rosalinda (Rose for short) is a Red and white. Each time I went to get a Husky I wanted a red and ended up being chosen by a grey/silver and white. My 1st husky was also grey and white. Her name was Crystal and she died of old age. The last time I found a breeder on line who was close enough to drive to and put a deposit on a red and met her at a diferent location so all that i met were reds.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: Heartly!! Through the years. I wanted a dog so bad, and kept begging Troy to say yes. I heard about akita/lab pups. Went to see them, and when I saw the heart on him I knew he had to come home with me. I took him straight to buy his first toy, that red pup. He picked it out.
he never whined or looked back.
He is my best pal.:heart:
6 wks

4 mo

1 yr

3 yr

last month-he is now 5 yrs

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
Bam Bam and Petey are here, I'll have to update with pictures after work today, but they're in my siggy! :D

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
DSCN0007 (2).jpg upsidedown.jpg Timmy the lurcher, got him from the RSPCA nearly 10 years ago now, And Lili the wire haired daschund, who just turned 5 :)

Attachments

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
All of the dogs are beautiful!

Matt

TuathaSidhe

Real Name
Johanna
Bailey, my GSD The pics are kinda old, she's been with my father due to weight limit at our apt. So I haven't got any more pics. Just add alot more gray, lol. Shes 10 now

I wont break my stay, I wont break my stay!!! (a little dog yapping away was walking past us at that time. She did really good)

Buddy. These are more recent. He's 6 now. Little mutt.