• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your caique love to scatter their trash with purpose?

Zukeeper

Checking out the neighborhood
my little guy who I have owned for 22 years has the most peculiar habit....play time for him is when he gets to play on our giant kitchen island. I keep a large jar of wine corks there that he loves to destroy. My question is, why is it that he feels the need to sprinkle this cork around the entire parameter of the island? And if I attempt to sweep he quickly scolds me and starts scattering more cork where I have removed some. Anybody else have a bird that does something like this?

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe he's strategically placing them to build a fort :)
Welcome to the Avenue!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I don't have a caique, but I'd sure hope so! I think they're supposed to be little mischief makers, aren't they? :laugh:

There's a bare-eyed cockatoo on YouTube named Eric (Eric the Legend*) and in one of the videos he's "helping" his mum set the table. He makes it his mission to scatter everything as quickly as she can lay it out.

Heads up: Eric and his owners curse in most of the videos.

Zukeeper

Checking out the neighborhood
Mischief might be the perfect name for a little caique. I will definitely check out Eric on YouTube. Such a strange and funny behavior.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Yes and this one just pulled out a rolled up sheet of paper from the trash can and scattered the contents on the floor!

DC1FF5D4-7503-42EC-8383-87CB64947022.jpeg