• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

does your bird say things that don’t make sense?

analliecat

Walking the driveway
Real Name
allie
arthur is speaking so much and sometimes he strings together sentences that don’t make sense.

out of the blue he said to me, “lots of horses”. that’s it. nothing else. then he told me “i have many” and i said many what and he said it louder. i just find it interesting.

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
My wife says a lot to me that I cant make much sense of either! But hey... Im only human! :rofl: Oops, you mean fids? Yes Pilo raves on at times about Christmas, but its not here yet! o_O

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Most of his vocabulary is very clear, but Rowan has one thing he says all the time that I can't for the life of me figure out. :huh: My friend suggested it sounds like "the factory," but if that's the case then it just raises more questions.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Most of his vocabulary is very clear, but Rowan has one thing he says all the time that I can't for the life of me figure out. :huh: My friend suggested it sounds like "the factory," but if that's the case then it just raises more questions.
Rio has one of those! Drives me nuts trying to figure it out. It seems to have several “s” sounds in it.

d_msparkles

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm just catching up on this thread and laughing so hard. :laughing6:

Waffle's vocabulary is so limited right now to love you, hey Waffle, and birdie bird but one day she may surprise us!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Maybe if I could figure out what Zephyr talks to the cage trays about...:huh: (Hangs down off the edge and looks between the grate and tray...yapping away)

4mybirds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jessica
Shasta says "Doing doing doing up boy":hehe: I think it's her mix of Whatcha doing, Step up and good boy. The good boy is kinda odd because she is definitely a girl :rofl:

junglechicken

Walking the driveway
once my husband and i were sitting quietly together in our living room, both doing our own thing, not talking. the jungle chicken was out, just happily chewing on his collection of boxes. all at once he stops chewing on his boxes, looks at me, and clearly says "it's a prairie fire!" then goes back to chewing his boxes.

we don't live in prairie country. we don't talk about fires. we don't have a tv so he didn't hear it there. the only thing i can think of is he somehow heard those words in one of his two previous homes and they just popped into his head.

hasn't ever said it again. it was just strange and very funny!

Linearis

Walking the driveway
Yeah my bird constantly says chirp chirp and I can't understand anything.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I had a bird who would say "Put s*** (expletive) in your eye." I have no idea where that came from although her favorite word was *--- but the rest of that phrase I have no idea. She picked the cuss word up from an African Grey when she stayed at the vet's for about two weeks when she was ill.
I understood the words clearly but the phrase just made no sense, at least to me.

Sylvester

Hit the Road
With my U2, all the time. Cockatoos speak in a baby voice so they are harder to understand than other parrots. Finally figured out that "locka locka you" means love you.