• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird have any "special noises"?

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Yesterday, Sunny reminded me she always makes kissing noises when I have her in my hands and I tell her it is bedtime and take her to put her in her cage for a while while I do something she cannot be around. It always makes me laugh, as if she feels making kissing noises will forestall me from caging her!

It has been months since I needed to cage her for any reason and I forgot she does that; but she didn't!:lol:

hlasdf

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Hannah
When Sunny is scared he makes a smooth, high-pitched sounding whine. It sounds much different from his normal gravelly sounds and is absolutely adorable.

KaeliJade13

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Kaeli Jade
My GCC Suki likes to make kiss sounds before bed which I assume means she wants snuggles but I can't have her learning that being noisy will get her out of bedtime so I ignore it. She gives kisses and makes the sounds so she knows what the sound is related too.

WillowNMurphy

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Willow
Murphy laughs at himself and says “peekabooboo” at night after I cover him. He says peekaboo most of the time but only says peekabooboo when hes settling down.

Jobot

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jo
Flynn makes a dribbling water sound when he hears water. If he does that, he typically wants a drink. He also asks "you thirsty?" Almost exclusively when he wants a drink of water.

KatelynDeanne

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katelyn
We have an amazon alexa.. So everytime I say Alexa, she will make a technology noise to try to interupt it. LOL Also, everytime I turn on the faucet, she makes water noises.

Feather

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Rowan makes the sound of my jacket zipper when he thinks we're going to go somewhere. He also makes the clunking sound of pellets hitting the steel dish when he's hungry.
When I put on his harness, he starts up with his whole "Come on! Let's go!" routine and pretty much doesn't stop until we're home and I take it off again.

Zyda has a specific short whistle she uses to check on me. It's not her usual contact call, much lower and quieter. She uses it mostly when she knows I'm nearby but out of sight. My response is a quick two-note whistle I've always used around my birds as my own "call." We'll call back and forth like this until she can see me again.

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gigi has a quick loud buzz/shriek with wings out/lunge that means don't touch my toy or my boing. Kinda terrifying. Or she does a quiet tick-tick-tick warning. She also has a frustrated chortle/chirp that means she lost her Nutri-berry under the cage grill. She mostly does her 4 trick whistles into a little bell that is on her rope swing. She also does a juicy kiss as I lean down to kiss her.

Last edited:

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Pennys laugh gets my heart!

She is so smart.

She will even anticipate the microwave beep just from the sound of the door closing as she knows the beep comes after that.

Sometimes I just put something in the MW & close the door & don;t turn it on but she will complete the process & add her beep after the door is closed!!! She is amazing!!!!

She will even tell Rio to step up when he is being a bad boy!!!

:heart::heart::heart:

Marvel_ous

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trinity
Sky had a little whistle that he made whenever he was excited or playing. It was kind of a mix between Robin and House Finch. Sky only ever said one word, but picked up a lot from the wild birds around here!

Not a bird, but Connor makes a soft "chuckling" sound when we are cuddling or when he is happy to see me.

Brittany0208

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Java makes a weird hiccup-chirp when he cleans his wing and back feathers. I'm not sure if it's equivalent to reaching an itch or if he just really loves cleaning his feathers. I hear him cleaning himself in the cage at night and making this sound. It almost sounds like a cartoon chicken cluck (bok-bok) :laugh:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Flynn makes a dribbling water sound when he hears water. If he does that, he typically wants a drink. He also asks "you thirsty?" Almost exclusively when he wants a drink of water.
Dobby makes sorta running water noises too when he's thirsty or wants a shower, and continues to make them while he's showering or drinking.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
I found out about 2 months ago Gracie chirps in her sleep it's the cutest sound. But for the most part she just screams.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Buddy makes an odd noise, (it means alert, quietly) that tells me when someone is outside my house. Even when it's a neighbor outside of their house.

Peeping noise for phone & microwave beeps.

& along w/ @metalstitcher comment....

Yea, screaming it means he's really pee'd off! Why, he decided he didn't want to play & needed to see how loud he had to be for you to :faint:

glance/glare @ him. :lol:

:gbh: Rain

Karnkate

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karnkate (Lookkaew/Crystal)
Mali (albino parrotlet) makes a Rawrrrr akin to a Jurassic Park’s raptor when he deems the item he’s inspected is interesting to him. It’s just so precious. :fairy:

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Mine has just started picking on me. When I get really excited & happy w/ him my voice gets high. He has been making a high screachy noise as if to mock me. Little sarcastic Dude! :blahblah: :lol:

:grouphug3: Rain