• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does your bird have any "special noises"?

kkuris

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kayla Kuris
What I mean is, is there a unique noise your bird makes under only specific conditions?

For example, whenever the toilet flushes Rigby will make a high pitched noise I he only makes when the toilet flushes.

Whenever silverware is scraped against a bowl, he'll make a brief, ear piercing sound that almost sounds like the scraping!

Also whenever he sees the sun or just the brightness of the sky, he becomes entranced, locks his eyes with his head cocked and makes a satisfied grumbling noise.

Any other wacky noises?

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Elvis coughs and sneezes like me. :) Sonny mimics the sound of paper towels being torn off the roll, which is something he does sometimes when he merely sees the roll.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Whenever Jingo sees someone drink he will make a drinking noise, and if he sees people eating, he makes a crunching noise :p

He also says "Night night!" whenever we fill the food dish in his cage because we usually fill up his pellets right before bed!

Gizmo makes very specific noises when she is preening...I can't describe them. It's more OCD than anything, though, I think!

Koopa always screams a certain scream when she hears running water.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Emmie makes 'pouring water' sounds just like you hear when you are filling a pitcher whenever he sees me pour water or sometimes when I just bring the pitcher into the birdroom. He also does the "woo, woo, woo" during football games when he thinks it is appropriate. And always, there is the "night, night, birdie" at bedtime.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Nerd was my first Maxie and whenever he was happy with life and happy to see you he'd just go ERK! very soft and happy like while looking pleased with life. he would also do a wobbly whistle thing when getting some nice fresh ice water and when he was getting ready to take a Nap. He never talked but had a LOT of wild pionus noises and flock calls and whistles, some very loud. Lurch does pirate gibberish and talks and has some similar but not quite like Nerd noises, I don't think he ever heard wild maxies so he does close. He says Hi or hello when we enter the room, good morning baby boy, hi sweet heart, hi sweety, a lot of others and I've heard him practicing his favorites when alone in different ways:rofl:

Last edited:

PicklesParrot

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Mr Pickles will emit a loud beep whenever the microwave beeps. He also has a very cute and funny yell he lets out when excited. It sounds exactly like "WoooHooooo!"

truste

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shirley
Roca makes chewing noises when she sees us with food, and when my BF is in the kitchen she makes squeaking noises like his coffee grinder makes when he pulls the lever to dispense.

Ankou

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Sondra
When Peanut is very content and sleepy, it's her favorite time to make fart noises (they are actually little raspberries, she doesn't mimic actual farts thank goodness.)
So she'll be dozing off and just Pbbbbph-ing away quietly. It is the cutest darned thing.

The squeaky noises the lint roller I use for dog hair can also get her chatting. Until I tear the sheet off anyway, tape-like noises fill her with unbridled rage.

solo

Real Name
jess
Marley is never vocal during the day but at night after I have covered them when he hears me get into bed he will softly say night night baby and good night baby and good baby which I respond to with night night baby and then some times he will continue for a minute or 2 with some other things he can say but mostly that is it and it is the only time he speaks :hug8:

Katster

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes.

the pinkster does many specific noises and sound effects at specific conditions.

when the door bell rings, he "barks" (makes barking noises) because he heard the dogs bark at door bell before.

When i have my purse and go about opening it, he makes zipper opening sound.

when I put my high heels on, he makes high heel steps noises.

When I go close to the light switch, he makes switch sound effects.

when I get my face close to him, he makes kissing sounds.

Im sure there are more but thats what I could think of from the top of my head.

the lovebirds don't do that (at least not yet)

tozie12

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
beth
i love these little sound effects everyone's birdies have. too cute! :heart:

twiggy will 'cough' when we cough or when my son even touches his face.

when caleb is thirsty he will make the noise of water running out of a faucet.

Kiwimommy

Walking the driveway
Shoji always sounds like he is saying "Huh?" when I say something he doesn't hear super often. He even looks confused! He says "C'mere" if I tap on something so we go back and forth telling each other to "c'mere" ("C'mere!" "No you come here." "C'mere!") and he bobs his head too. If I kiss his feathers he makes kissy sounds as I do it. And if I look over and even THINK about saying Shoji he will say it. Every time! Me: "Sh-" Him: "Shoji!" He talks more than he vocalizes I've noticed, but he will purr and mutter to himself too.

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Zorro and Zander always cluck like a chicken - not sure if it's coming from their throats or tongue, but it is always directed at me when I walk into the bird room, and they also fluff up their feathers, spread their wings ever so slightly, and bow their heads. This is never accompanied by any aggression, but I would think they are too young to be hormonal, aren't they? They're only 15 months. The clucking sounds exactly like when humans smack their tongues against the roof of their mouths :confused: Any thoughts on what this could mean?

heirofslytherin123

Real Name
Gabby
I was totally impressed when i went to clean Euclids water bowl and the water was running in the sink and he said, "Water?" very clearly!:eek: turns out he will say it in context anyway! However he will attack the plastic water bottle while you are filling his bowl while saying water? water?:huh:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hawkheaded Parrots make yummy noises when you give them fresh food{veggies, fruits, birdie bread}, a nut they like, or a fresh bowl of dry food. All food when new...:)
Elfe makes a little blowing, huff sound, that is adorable, and sometimes puffs out her black and white neck feathers at the same time.
Gryphon makes cute noises that are very faint, particularly when there is a fresh bowl of sand to bathe in.
Holly will turn her head side to side, then bring her beak up close to my lips and make a shheeewww sound, which can be increased by my saying 'ninja parrot'. She also purrs, which I even have in a video.
Pico and all green aracaris make cute purring sounds too, much different from parrots.

Animal_lover

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Sarah
Jojo makes a kinda "huh" sound when we give her something yummy to eat. He also makes a clicking sound when I cover him at night. And Sugar?....she constantly makes noises...but of other animals mostly. She also copies the sound of my cell phone when I get a text and the sound of my Doug's squeaky toys.

Chantilly Lace

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Chantel
Phoenix has the most adorable thing where he makes a funny noise and sticks out his tongue to the side. It is just my favorite thing in the world. He only does it when he is in a good mood.

JAM

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Blue makes a soft whining noise whenever I cough so Red decides to cough too, it's quite funny hearing Red cough then Blues make the whining noise after!
Red also sneezes and mutters nonsensical things like some crazy lunatic.
M-Star does the grumbly noise when she is either self scritching on my finger or snuggled up to my neck in the morning underneath my dressing gown's fleecy collar.
Millow also does the grumbly noise and has this cute little "telling off" bah bah bah noise that he will do when you gently grab his beak to play.
The lovies make noises when they are fighting sounding like a basketball game as in the noise the shoes make on the wooden floor.

Taytortots

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Taylor
Mags makes very high pitched sounds whenever any sort of water is running.
Also, before bed, she murmurs a lot, and if I listen close I can hear specific things, because before bed is when she practices certain vocalizations before she shares them with me. :p