• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does she look okay?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Hard to tell from a photo. Have your parents ask for vet records. If none then tell them to run fast away from this bird.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
Hard to tell from a photo. Have your parents ask for vet records. If none then tell them to run fast away from this bird.
Totally agree. Her feathers look a little rough to me but maybe she wasn't given baths regularly :shrug: Ask lots of questions if they care about her going to a good home they shouldn't mind

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
She does look alert and inquisitive. Write down the questions you might have so you don't forget to ask any of them.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
The ad seems okay, and she needs a loving home. I'd go and meet her.

Zoepr143

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Zoë
I think it would be better to go visit and analyze her body language since it is difficult to pin point their behavior from just a couple of pics. I do agree that her feathers look a bit rough but like you mentioned, it could be that she just needs a bath. It is good to see that she can be handled though!

Birdlovesme

Okay, I'll ask a few more questions, and more pics. I think we should see her, but my dad thinks she looks "weird" ..
I'm taking chances, might as well go see.

Fia Baby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Beth
She's definitely a citron, with rough plumage. A bath will fix that. She has some crest feathers that need preened as well, but she really looks fine. Make sure you take a good look at her cage/surroundings, her droppings, and her food/water. The grammar in the ad could be an indicator of a scam, but it does indicate where she is and asks that she be "picked up."

Birdlovesme

I asked is she had records, and for more pics, no answer..

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The Citron doesn't seem like a scam. No matching photos on net as far as I can tell and no matching text. Grammar/spelling is "off" but that could be due the education or second language. Guess you'll have to see if they respond to your email.

Zoepr143

Real Name
Zoë
The Citron doesn't seem like a scam. No matching photos on net as far as I can tell and no matching text. Grammar/spelling is "off" but that could be due the education or second language. Guess you'll have to see if they respond to your email.

Good idea to trace the photos, I hadn’t even thought about that yet!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
No vet records, trying to get more pics.
That's not a good sign :( She's only 5 and I understand not everyone takes their birds for a yearly exam but it's can be pretty risky to adopt for those kind of people IMHO. I think people who are looking to rehome their birds usually ask for too high of an "adoption" fee. Especially if they have no vet records to back up they have a healthy bird. Just my 2 cents