• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone use an automatic sprouter to sprout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I was just reading about them, and while pretty expensive (well here anyways), they seem like a good idea for those who don’t have the time to sprout. :shrug: I seen one like this at the local health store: Auto Sprouter MkII - automatic seed sprouting unit

So does anyone use one/or has anyone used one before?!

TikiLola

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Alida(Aleeda)
Seems like a waste to me. I only rinse my sprouts once or twice a day and it doesn't take much time, probably less than a minute. I have sprouts going usually 24/7 but only a handful of varieties. I guess if you were a hardcore sprouter and ate them yourself daily, then maybe?:shrug:

lpolliard

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Leroy
Just use a jar. Mine is a square plastic Costco container with small holes drilled into the plastic lid. I think it use to hold almonds or something. It doubles as a soaking container.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I bought a sprouter. It's a cup with a cup-shaped sieve liner. I love it! Before I was doing the sprouts on paper towel but they end up getting all stuck to the paper towel so it was taking a long time to rinse them and I was wasting a lot. The sprouter is so easy to soak, rinse. I don't know if it is the same thing you are talking about or not. It wasn't expensive. This is mine:

Parrot Toy Angels: Sprouters

Status
Not open for further replies.