• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does anyone remember this cage manufacturer?

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
This company isn't in business anymore but I have two of their cages that I've had for 10+ years and had sand blasted and powder coated. I LOVE them and for the life of me I cannot remember the company name. It's bugging me, does anyone remember? If you have older copies of Bird Talk Magazine they had ads in there every month. Thanks!!

IMG_20180123_140019.jpg

Matto

Rollerblading along the road
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matt
Is it California?

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
No it isn't, this has a unique feeder door that is in the front and a three bowl rack slides in and out. This is virtually escape proof with the door latches as well. My goffins got out of every other cage I put them in.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I think you are right @Matto..........I believe it is a California Cage Co. cage and they are out of business. But you can still find cages that are similar to this one. That's great that you refurbished yours and are getting more life out of it.

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
I can promise you it's not a California cage, I've had four or five Calis of varying styles/sizes/designs. I remember seeing the ads for this company in Bird Talk Magazine in the early 2000s. It has a single feeder door that's on the front of the cage (nothing on the sides) with a sliding bowl holder. The food area also has Plexi surrounding it to theoretically help contain mess. I just cannot for the life of me remember the name of the company which tweaks with my OCD a little, lol.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
If I still have my old BT magazines (second hand), I might be able to look at the old ads... however, I think I ended up having to toss them. :(

You might want to include better pictures of the feeding system. I know exactly what you're talking about, but I don't know brand!

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have lots of old Bird Talk magazines. I will try to look through some and see if I can find the ad.

AubsterNzoo

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Aubrey
I will take some more pictures when I get home, thanks guys!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Featherland?

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I started looking through some Bird Talk magazines and I'm really not sure what I am looking for. Animal Environments cages are the ones I found that have a unique feeder system, though. Don't think it's an AE cage, though. They still manufacture cages but the feeder system seems to be optional now.

I do remember a cage where the feeder system pulled out towards the front. I saw it at a bird store I used to go to many years ago. I thought AE used to have a system like that, but maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I discovered I still have some BT mag's left, but the one I looked through wasn't helpful.... haven't gone through the others yet.