• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Does any one know of a good parrot harness ?

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
I really want to get my HH into her outdoor "avairy" (hah! I wish!) aka wenzel brand 10x10 screen room lol this summer. One problem .. she's flighted and I can't bring myself to trim her wings. SOoOo I need a recommendation to a great parrot harness. If your curious, she is 258grams, medium size parrot, body built on the lighter side, not stocky like lets say for example an Amazon. I do have carriers, and yes I could use the carrier to transport her from house to outdoors, but Id like to take her outside without a carrier like I used to before she learned to fly. She's only 1yr&2mos old.
*my couch seriously needs leather conditioner try to ignore it*
image.jpeg

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Aviator Harness probably would be the best :) Trimming her wings wouldn't keep her from flying away in the inbetween so I'm glad you are looking at other options :)

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Aviator Harness probably would be the best :) Trimming her wings wouldn't keep her from flying away in the inbetween so I'm glad you are looking at other options :)
I couldnt trim my girl wings she's so happy with them Itd break my heart and hers to.

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Aviator harness is hands down so far!

WallyLoopey

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kate
It's a bit outdated, but I like how the aviator comes with a dvd

AvianCrew

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
michelle
Leathers4Feathers etsy has harnesses!

Gimby

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Katie Denski
Etsy has Manzanita branches and HUGE macaw swings to!!!!

Nancy B

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
I guess I will look into the aviator for Freddy when the time comes. Won't be for a while, he has to be completely comfortable with us or he'll freak!

Animallover03

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Audrey
I have an aviator harness for my green cheek conure- while it is fairly difficult to get on he enjoys going outside. I would definitely recommend it.
Screen Shot 2018-01-21 at 7.06.29 PM.png

On a different note, does anyone have experience with the Leathers4feathers harness? I want to harness train Levi (severe macaw) however I don't think the aviator would be a good choice for her. She absolutely shreds anything rope/fabric, and I have heard that the leather ones are stronger for large beaks. Is this true? Plus I could get one so that I wouldn't have to head loop train her.. Advice?
(When I say she shreds rope things.. she was given a rope boing and three days later it was demolished. She doesn't like to chew on toys so far- only destroy rope. She doesn't ingest any either)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
My Pionus can chew through leather but not the Aviator so I say the opposite.
And she should not be allowed to wear the harness inside. And when she is outside she will be distract to her surroundings.
And you can also attach some smaller light weight toys on the harness that she can chew on.
I have a friend in Kuala Lumpur that has attached a SS ring so his Grey wont chew on the harness.