• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your caiques ever just chill with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlassOnion

Biking along the boulevard
I love caiques from what I read, but I'm curious as to if they will ever quietly snuggle with you from time to time. If you were to take it out on an outing, is it capable of just sitting on your shoulder? Or would they be playing all say non stop..

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Don't know about anyone else's Cakes, but mine .. be still??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not a snowball's chance in hell .. they are in constant motion. When they are sitting on me, they're in my hair, down my shirt, up my sleeves, crawling into hoodies, pockets, pulling out my ponytail or headband .. etc. They just don't sit and chill.

However, that being said, I do have the most rowdiest Cakes on the Avenue I believe. As I've said in other posts, when my two read the "How to be a Caique" manual, they focused mainly on the "how to be naughty Caiques" section. :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:

rikkitikki

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika

However, that being said, I do have the most rowdiest Cakes on the Avenue I believe. As I've said in other posts, when my two read the "How to be a Caique" manual, they focused mainly on the "how to be naughty Caiques" section. :rolleyes: :lol: :rolleyes:
:embarassed:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Chickie the girl does now finally at 5 yo. She will fly over/walk over and sit very peacefully and quietly on my arm and just chill. The boy JoJo has his quiet moments too late evening but he doesn't seek me out ,...yet
They keep evolving.....that's the amazing thing ....they constantly surprise
me :D

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i have 3..i think mine must have read the same book as Merlies,they are never calm!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
perhaps i should say....she comes over to hang out after she is done with her daily activities.....this one being right before bed....:D....and then she goes back for a second round and a third round and a fourth......:D

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
and this

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Koko loves to chill and snuggle on my shoulder under my hair while I scratchie scratch his head feathers. love it! :)

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award
Can I please trade in my two for KoKo, JoJo or Chickie models please??

Pretty please? With Nutraberries on top??

Maybe just borrow them for a week or two, so they can show my two how civilized birds should act?

Takers? Anybody?
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
Sometimes my Bh will just sit on my shoulder or go down in my shirt, but not for a very long.
Mitzi

crystaljam

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Crystal
Rosco was quiet last night on my leg for about 10 minutes...I think I finally wore him out after 4 years :D

Then he woke up. And the hustle & bustle that entails a Caique's life ensued.

Ming-Ming

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
Depending on the mood, Douglas can be pretty good!
We take naps together, and he'll cuddle up and press himself under my chin or against my cheek.
Right now he is sitting on my laptop chewing on my fingers... so it's not all the time... but sometimes, haha

GlassOnion

I loooove caiques! I would love to have one, but one that is more of a snuggler. I don't think I could handle the ones that never wanted to snuggle and wanted to play 24/7! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.