• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do your caiques do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLmom

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Kai does this head sway thing when he is very happy and playing. It's a side to side thing like he's pllaying peek boo or something. Best way I can think to describe it is like how Stevie Wonder does his head back and forth. It's not the head bob up and down thing (he also does a lot) but its side to side and he will go one way and freeze then the other way and freeze. It's so cute! It's gotten to where we can make him do it by doing it too. I was wondering, Is this a Caique thing or a parrot thing or just a Kai thing?

Missi

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
Our Blue and Golds did that. We used to call it the Stevie Wonder Dance! It was really funny when you get five Macaws doing it all at once in different rhythm.
My b&g does that & I also call it 'The Stevie Wonder'!

FLmom

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Oh funny that it's referred to as Stevie wonder lol! Silly little caique does it all the time now. I think he realized how entertaining it was so he really does it a lot now :)

Kathy N

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
When Elwood does that it means he's overstimulated and I'm going to get bit HARD unless I think fast!

Sunnyside

Real Name
Janice

Kathy N

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
There's also a fast up and down head bobbing that Elwood does. That usually runs into a fast back and forth head shake. That's another sign that I'm going to take a bad bite if I don't distract him.

HollyT

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Holly
Yep! Ravi does "the Stevie Wonder". He also sticks his so wings way up and dances and bops around. And he's usually whistling his own made up tunes. Hilarious!
We dance and whistle with him and put our hands up. I do believe be enjoys it. Lots of fun!

Ming-Ming

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ming-Ming
When Elwood does that it means he's overstimulated and I'm going to get bit HARD unless I think fast!
SAME! lol!!!
That usually means Douglas is going to lunge at the next thing that moves, so I HIDE!

Status
Not open for further replies.