• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you see your Own parrots in other people's parrots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Today as I was shopping, I passed by this Petstore supply place that *apparently* also will look after your pets when you go on vacation. I don't know why I went in but .. I did.:o:

There was an african grey sitting in a very sorry and very dirty looking cage (dropping on food bowl that was full of seed)

and he/she was quite naked.:(:(:( I looked at her face and I really felt I was looking at Emma.:eek: :huh::eek:

I went to the fron and inquired about her.
It turned out that she wasn't for sell.
She belonged to someone who was on vacation. I asked the teenager at the counter how often they cleaned the cage. They told me once a week. I told them very politely that the cage should be cleaned daily and the food checked on often to make sure it was free from contaminants then I went on my way.:cool:

Last edited:

mizbirdy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tina
That poor creature! That's why I quit going into petstores. My heart just breaks every time I go into one seeing how all the animals, especially the birds, are treated....

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know what you mean,there is a little GCC at my Petsmart that looks and acts just like my Nala. Breaks my heart to see him/her stuck in that little glass cage.

Kathy

Rollerblading along the road
So sad...
I saw a Grey on craigslist today that reminds me so much of Sporty that I asked about it. I haven't heard back. If the price is right I would probably get it! I wish I had that bird LOL

Last edited:

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Oh that breaks my heart! I've had to tell people myself that they're not taking care of their bird properly. :(

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is heartbreaking. :( There are so many that don't get good care...

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
On a more upbeat note...
I see a lot of people here cuddling with their birds, and the look of love in the birds eyes, and of absolute devotion in the humans, reminds me of Archie every time. Its almost like I'm seeing through their eyes into his, or something.

I see Ella in the pet stores, especially the little Cinnamon GCC that has been up at Petsmart for forever. So desperate for someone to stop and pay attention, but at the same time, aloof from most people and not wanting to be handled directly by someone they aren't comfortable with.

Status
Not open for further replies.