• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do you have documentation on your birds ICE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I do, and I try to update it. I keep it in google docs in case my computer crashes. I also intend to make a "lost/stolen" flyer for each bird in case the worst happens.

Here is my file:
info.png

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Ooohh gotchya :)

I have a 3" three ring binder full of my birds information and sooo much more, so yes :)

KimKimWilliamson

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
I have certificates of DNA and banding from the breeders (though Penny isnt banded)....hopefully that would be enough....providing someone doesnt just take the band off Pru....still seriously considering chipping them.....

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I have a binder with dates, interests, food to feed, etc. Thats why I like the birds having a band, easy to Identify.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
I am in the process of making a binder, as well. I want to include stuff for anyone who may wind up watching my birds for one reason or another.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I am in the process of making a binder, as well. I want to include stuff for anyone who may wind up watching my birds for one reason or another.
Yep that is why I have a binder all about my birds, diet, vet info and contact, information on behavior etc. Just incase I became impaired and needed someone to care for the fids, all the things they need to know is in the binder by the bird food :)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I have a binder like this also, I haven't updated it in quite a while though so thanks for the reminder. :) I have all their hatch dates, fav. foods, DNA certificate (for 1 conure), etc.

dayjamyers

Walking the driveway
Real Name
dayja
i dont because both too's were resuced i have a guess on hatch dates and such-

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
I started a binder as soon as i got mango its pretty full i gave it to my son it has emergency every thing in it raspier dos donts every thing i can think of also gave him books he sure has studied up on things

i know mango will be well cared for when im not able

doll mango

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Wow, I have emergency vet numbers handy but that's about it. I should do more.

BethySue

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Bethany
I have a binder that has everything from daily weight checks to vet records to just basic information. It has recipes for bird food, information on each of my birds, health logs, vet numbers, and more. It also has the same information for my guinea pigs and my bearded dragon. I keep it not only to use in case of emergency, but also for my own records. I open it and use it on a daily basis and keep the information up to date.

I like that you keep yours on Google documents. It would be an excellent idea to have an electronic back-up. I think I'll put something like what you have online and on our Apple Time Capsule.

Status
Not open for further replies.