• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do U2s always have their mouths open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanna

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Or is that just something Cheerio does? I've never seen his mouth completely closed. Ever! Just various degrees of open. Which makes sense because I doubt he can breathe through those tiny nares! Just wondering if that's normal or if the nares should be a bit more open. I've never paid attention to it before with other toos so I have no idea.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Truely has her mouth open pretty much all of the time. (She takes after her Mother :blah:)

Ginger

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
They can close them but many do leave them open a bit. Now sure why. Just a quirk I guess.
U2 pictures.
Umbrella Cockatoo - Google Search
Some of them have their beaks closed but most are open a crack. Good observations. :)

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
ALL of my 'toos leave their beak partially open. And I like to poke at their tongues :heart: Ofcourse they do close them when they feel like it.

One thing though, most U2s, even if their beaks are open, still breathe through their nares. Put a feather floofy over one of their nostrils or (and if you 'too has a bunch of nose hair/feathers) you can see the feathers move.

Last edited:

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
Mine two are usually closed. When someone is around or something is going on they hold them open.

Parrotlove

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Barbie
Yep Isis is the same way but mostly cause she is sassing her Maw! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.