• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do they ever grow out of trying to hump?

CallieCadmoor

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Georgia
November to December 2017...

Eros was an absolute horn dog. It was dreadful. He ignored me most of the time (unless he wanted a quick cuddle and scritch) and all his toys. Whenever he was out he would go to his favourite teddy bear (was actually the first teddy bear my dad gave to my mom when they first got together 30 years ago) and hack up his food onto its ear. He would only stop to eat. It was going on for half an hour at a time.

He isn't usually like that. I hope he grows out of it a bit or at least will stop for long enough to spend time with me or his toys

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I wouldn't mind if Blu was a horn dog for 30 years if humped toys or perches or bowls or whatever. I just wish he'd grow out of humping me! :lol:
Or another bird.

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
Joey has a stuffed hedgehog that he is “provided” when he is out of his cage and supervised.
I call it Humpy.
As long as he never meets a real hedgehog he should be fine. :eek: ;)

Parakeet88

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Glad I found this thread! My GCC has been trying it with me a lot lately. His first hatch day is on the 17th and I've read their first year or so can be the worst (although after reading the previous replies I don't have high hopes lol) He has actually succeeded in regurgitating on me once :facepalm: he demands that I scratch him with my thumb while he's got one foot on my index finger. So I was giving him scratches one night when he started kind of "preening" my thumb. He was being so nice and gentle and then all of a sudden there was a gob of mush on my thumb! There was no head bobbing or anything, I had no idea he was about to do it.

He always tries to mate with my hand and he gets really frustrated trying to figure out why it won't work lol he's like how am I supposed to do this??? I don't let him go on with it very long but he tries really hard, I almost feel bad rejecting him lol

Everyone talks about "mating season" and I'm still confused by it. It seems like every bird has its "season" at a different time of year? I always thought of mating season as one (or maybe more) time of year that all of a species gets hormonal around the same time.