• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Do 2 girls go together?

Road2go

Sitting on the front steps
Hi, I see that my greenwinged girl can probably benefit from a partner. But I can't find any in my region but a girl that is 7 years old, and this girl is 10 years old. Could these 2 be friends with some introduction?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
bump

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!

Sarah13

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sarah
It's always hit or miss if they will dislike/not be able to stand each other or if they get along nicely... sometimes even too well.

Thus far, my multi aged mixed hen/male flock can all fortunately interact, travel/house together but they still have their preferred buddy.
Because I have always kept training/free flight as part of our dynamic/relationship, that helps with keeping everyone happily handled.

If you're not careful, you can sometimes enter what I call zookeeper territory where they over bond with each other and you just keep them cared for.
Some people like that though/the convenience, their happy birds etc so no judgement.

The easy dynamic of my flock may change of course but all of my birds are sexually mature/double digit ages, except for 2, and I've done a multi macaw house hold for going on 13 years now so not crazy long but a decent chunk.

I think adding another bird will likely be very enjoyable for you and your current bird.
Just be safe with quarantine/veterinary and disease check and let the journey begin.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I used to have two macaw hens, a GW and a capri hybrid. I was lucky: my girls liked each other. They could play, eat, bathe, and squabble together just fine. A friend of mine had a scarlet, a hy, and a harlequin, all hens. They couldn't stand each other. If you get another bird, it better be for you. If you're lucky, they'll tolerate each other. If you're extremely lucky, they'll be buddies. Even if they don't like each other, they'll become a flock. My DYH never liked my other birds; once, she tackled Daff, the capri, in mid-air. However, she would contact call when they were out of sight and talked to them.