• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

DIY Stand

EbonyMemory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ebony
Hello!
I'm planning on making my birds a stand that they can sit on and play on when they're out. But I need the base to cover the whole area of the stand so no poo gets on the floor. Just wondering what everyone else uses as a base on their stands and if they could post pictures of their stands so I could get some ideas on how to arrange the branches. :laugh: Also how do I prepare the large branches for it? Thanks!

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
The most thing I see when play stands are made is that branches over hang the base of the stand so therefore you need extra cover on the surrounding floor. If the birds are smaller and you keep the perches within the base area, then the poop usually drops straight down but have large Cockatoos and large Macaws they are the best at crap shooting far out beyond the stand's base! No kidding!

My one play stand base has like a Formica on the plywood, kind of like what a Formica counter top is like. Formica is a hard durable plastic laminate used for counter tops and other things you see it on.

EbonyMemory

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ebony
Thanks Jan! :laugh: Does anyone have some pictures of their stands that I can get some inspiration from? Thank you :shy:

BirdField

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Finn
Yeah, I've been working on some branches lately but I've been drained of creativity as well, so I'd like to see some new designs, too!