• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

DIY Perches Using Chew Sticks?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Yes for a small bird. They may not last long, but you can reuse the metal screw :)

Edit: They seem thin so try find a thicker stick, also the reviews are portraying this link as sketchy so I´d buy from elsewhere. Try Amazon? I saw a pack of these at my local pet store and they were thicker (in the Rabbit section)

convivial

Meeting neighbors
Yes for a small bird. They may not last long, but you can reuse the metal screw :)

Edit: They seem thin so try find a thicker stick, also the reviews are portraying this link as sketchy so I´d buy from elsewhere. Try Amazon? I saw a pack of these at my local pet store and they were thicker (in the Rabbit section)
I was planning on buying from a store in person! I’ve been looking more into DIY toys and perches since I have such a large cage but it always feels so empty. Right now it’s not a huge issue because she doesn’t know how to climb the bars yet, which is why I’ve been wanting to get more perches for her

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Chewy is 100% legit. I buy from them monthly.

Apple wood is safe for birds :)