• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Discovered the "no no side" of the room today

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Aye yay yaye

Today while I was at work, I opened up my phone app so I could check in on Blu with the surveillance camera. But when I turned it on I noticed the camera had been moved:chin:

So I kept it on and watched for a bit and, low and behold, a few minutes goes by and I see a blue blur of a head pass by and the camera starts shaking violently. I hear angry squawking and I put the pieces together and realize he's duking it out with it in real time. Lol.

This goes on for a couple of minutes and then I start worrying that he's going to end up breaking it. So I get this "genius" idea to hit the alarm call button on my phone to try to distract him. (There's an alarm call on the security camera app) So I push it and it beeps really loud. I think it startled him for a second (though, mind you, I couldn't see him cause at this point the camera lens was facing the table it's sitting on) But he only got startled for a second. Not enough to totally distract him, of course, the boy has no fear. :muahaha:

Next thing I know Blu mimics the high pitch alarm sound! :blah::blah::blah:
I see more rigorous camera shaking and I hit the button again. He copies it again! :blah::blah::blah::blah:

So then I think to myself I don't want him mimicking that sound all the time so I better stop. He beats up the camera a little more and then I hear the cutest sweetest clearest -"I love you" :embarassed:

At this point I'm like oh well. If he breaks it, he breaks it. I'm driving home but couldn't make it any faster so I gave up worrying.

When I got home I discoved him sitting on the laptop and admiring his reflection in the screen. Because somehow he turned off the cartoon I had playing for him and the screen was black :headsmack:

Now...he's moved on to the lamp.
20170519_203939.jpg 20170519_203927.jpg
20170519_203912.jpg

Looks like tomorrow will be rack my brain to have to rearrange and safe guard all electronics day.

Thanks alot, Blu! You sure know how to keep your mother busy:bonnie::devil::kiss2:

BirdGuy21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
Sounds like he is quite the trouble maker! Hilarious though the "I love you" part at the end. Random question- which brand of camera do you have? I've been considering buying one and can't decide on brand. They are pretty expensive so I want something that has a quality picture and audio.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
Sounds like he is quite the trouble maker! Hilarious though the "I love you" part at the end. Random question- which brand of camera do you have? I've been considering buying one and can't decide on brand. They are pretty expensive so I want something that has a quality picture and audio.
He is a huge trouble maker! Never stops gettimg into stuff! :bored:

I tried to look for a link to the exact model I have but somehow I can't find it. I bought it a few years ago from ebay.

It's just a cheap made in China cam that looks like a Nest knock off. It costed about $30. It's not the best quality you can get but it does the job.

I know the name of the app you use for it on your phone is called "ApCam" I'm sorry I don't have the exact link. But I can keep looking, if you're interested?

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
He is a huge trouble maker! Never stops gettimg into stuff! :bored:

I tried to look for a link to the exact model I have but somehow I can't find it. I bought it a few years ago from ebay.

It's just a cheap made in China cam that looks like a Nest knock off. It costed about $30. It's not the best quality you can get but it does the job.

I know the name of the app you use for it on your phone is called "ApCam" I'm sorry I don't have the exact link. But I can keep looking, if you're interested?
That's too funny though that you caught his trouble making on camera- he was caught red handed (or red beaked), haha.

For $30 that is not a bad price if it gets the job done. Those Nest cams are so expensive, even the lesser known brands are up there in price. I found the app for iPhone, but its in Chinese and I can't find the actual camera. You don't have to go digging for it or anything, I can see what I can find. Basically its good to know a more affordable camera works comparatively well as one worth a small fortune.

CrazyBirdChick

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane
That's too funny though that you caught his trouble making on camera- he was caught red handed (or red beaked), haha.

For $30 that is not a bad price if it gets the job done. Those Nest cams are so expensive, even the lesser known brands are up there in price. I found the app for iPhone, but its in Chinese and I can't find the actual camera. You don't have to go digging for it or anything, I can see what I can find. Basically its good to know a more affordable camera works comparatively well as one worth a small fortune.
"Red beaked" :rofl:

I know what you mean that the Nest is a small fortune. I had considered buying one but then to get all the bells and whistles, not only do you have to pay a small fortune but then you also have pay for the subscription. That just seemed like too much to me at the time too. I think the Nest is great but the cheapos do the job too. ;)

BirdGuy21

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jake
"Red beaked" :rofl:

I know what you mean that the Nest is a small fortune. I had considered buying one but then to get all the bells and whistles, not only do you have to pay a small fortune but then you also have pay for the subscription. That just seemed like too much to me at the time too. I think the Nest is great but the cheapos do the job too. ;)
Haha I say "red peaked" or "red pawed" around here quite frequently.

The subscriptions are additional fees are ridiculous! I've found a couple cheaper ones in the $30-$50 range on Amazon that I've been considering.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
:rofl:Funny Blu! He knew you were watching!:lol:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
I can't help it, but I love you Blu! ♥♥♥ :D

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Loved your story, too funny. He certainly is a busy boy!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
The "no no side" of the room is a lot like the "no table" we have for Milton. The rule is flaunted at will, of course...;)

BlueAbyss

Walking the driveway
Thats a good price for a cam. I agree with you guys on the price of the nest cam plus the subscriptions. Blu is such a trouble maker!! :lol:

theocnoob

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pablo and George
A $100 1080P webcam with built in mic on a USB extension cable will serve you nicely. If you want to archive footage you're going to need a high capacity hard drive.