• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Discolored beak...?

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Hi everyone :)
My 8 months IRN, Yoko, is having some problems with her beak and I'm not sure why. Her beak seems to be discolored at the beginning and continuing it appears as the beak has another layer, I'm not really sure if I'm describing it appropriately.
She has a calcium perch outside her cage where she sometimes sits and runs her beak against it or just sleeps.
When she was smaller, about 5 months old, she stuck her beak between the bars. I have been with her to the vet because I wanted to be cautious. The vet told me she has a discolored beak and bleak coloring of her feather, and he told me to feed her pellets, fruits and vegetables.

(I only have videos of her since she can't stand still.)
If anyone could help me, any feedback is appreciated :)

20190711_210139.mp4 - Google Drive

20190711_210552_1.mp4 - Google Drive

20190711_210214.mp4 - Google Drive

20190711_205557_1.mp4 - Google Drive

Last edited:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Actually, looks pretty normal to me. My IRN's beak changes a bit as he moults and breeding season approaches, only you know her, if in doubt, ask your vet.

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Actually, looks pretty normal to me. My IRN's beak changes a bit as he moults and breeding season approaches, only you know her, if in doubt, ask your vet.
Thank you very much :)
I was thinking that maybe she is getting rid of her old one and that why it looks like it is uneven. She doesn't seem to have a problem with it, so I am thinking that it is nothing and maybe I'm overreacting. I'll continue to keep an eye on her and in doubt I'll go to the vet.