• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dirty mouth?? Literally

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
Baby has developed a little bit of brown at the corners of her beak. At first I thought it was just because it as dirty, but it's been there for just over a week now. And as of today, it's both sides rather than just her right.
Ya know when poodles get that Brown around their mouth or eyes? It looks like that.
Should I be concerned?

Tanya

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
A picture would be very helpful.
Also, is there anything new in her environment? New toy, perch, or food item? Has she recently been to the vet or been more/less active than usual?

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
I keep trying to get a pic. I can't get a good one. I'll attach the best ones that you can kind of see it in, but I'll keep trying got better.
IMG_2922.JPG IMG_2945.JPG IMG_2933.JPG IMG_2931.JPG

Rolanda

Cute Baby! Black Beak! It IS funny how you're trying to get the picture... Upside Down, Sideways. Looks like Baby is having fun.:joyful:

Birdlovesme

Sprinting down the street
Has there been any loss of eating?
It dosent look like much to me, maybe just some built up food, or maybe dye from toys?

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
Has there been any loss of eating?
It dosent look like much to me, maybe just some built up food, or maybe dye from toys?
She eats like normal. I thought maybe it was food build up. And actually, it could be from one of the newest toys she's been chewing on lately. It has multiple colors, so they could make brown.
Have you tried a shower? Does her breath smell off?
Her breath doesn't smell any different. She gets a shower twice a week, but I don't spray her face. Maybe I should next time.

VictoryCC124

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Shanna
A picture would be very helpful.
Also, is there anything new in her environment? New toy, perch, or food item? Has she recently been to the vet or been more/less active than usual?
New toy may be the cause. She's not any more/less active than usual. She was at the vet 2 months ago.

Tanya

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tanya
We've had all kinds of colors from food and toys. Red feathers, blue feet, green beaks... you name it.

No need to spray her head if she doesn't like it. If her body feathers get wet, preening after a bath will wash her face!

NK_717

Avenue Veteran
I remember finding Pepper with a big blue patch on her wing one day, And wondering what could be wrong until I saw she had taken a dip in the water bowl, and a blue dyed toy was nearby :lol:
Silly bird had probably rubbed against it