• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dinner with a cockatiel...

Does your bird do his

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Pi totally ninja'd some of my lunch the other day. He was pretty sure I didn't see him running off with it. So cute! He will typically carry off more than he can chew and will turn away from me and hold it with his foot snacking away. Then after tossing the remains on the carpet, he eyes my plate for more. I play better defense when it is something salty or generally inappropriate for birds...sadly not always.. he did grab a bite of my partner's chicken nuggets and Pi was VERY proud of himself. When Neptune flies to my plate, I have a hard time not allowing him something. That bird has me trained very well.

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
image.jpg
This brought back such happy memories for me! Lucy was the world's most talented bird when it came to snatching things off our plates!
(see my signature)

Fergus and Fiona have not attempted this, and I don't think they realize it's possible, since the only places they land are a) windowsill perch b) old travel cage c) back to their cage! Harper... don't overdo it, you'll get fat, or have heartburn, or somethin'! ;)

:cage1:
Yep! He sometimes has succeeded in getting a lil’ pebble of my bread roll! :rolleyes: He is being trained not to right now and I moved his cage to my room for now since it’s getting hot and likes to look out the window.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
Pi totally ninja'd some of my lunch the other day. He was pretty sure I didn't see him running off with it. So cute! He will typically carry off more than he can chew and will turn away from me and hold it with his foot snacking away. Then after tossing the remains on the carpet, he eyes my plate for more. I play better defense when it is something salty or generally inappropriate for birds...sadly not always.. he did grab a bite of my partner's chicken nuggets and Pi was VERY proud of himself. When Neptune flies to my plate, I have a hard time not allowing him something. That bird has me trained very well.
Hahaha! Yes, same! He mostly is after those NUGGETS :cautious:

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
Do any of you ever get that feeling that it's like being in a cartoon? You're the dead or dying creature w/food and you have a row of vultures sitting around you just waiting for you to give up the ghost so they can have your plate and everything on it?
haha yes!

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Do any of you ever get that feeling that it's like being in a cartoon? You're the dead or dying creature w/food and you have a row of vultures sitting around you just waiting for you to give up the ghost so they can have your plate and everything on it?
Lol.....ahhh yea!

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
That’s so cute! I have the same thing with the dogs just waiting and staring.... waiting for you to let down your guard! I have this one dog who will pretend to be fast asleep next to us and if we go to the kitchen to get water or something he is suddenly wide awake and up on a chair trying to snag a little something!