• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Dinner with a cockatiel...

Does your bird do his

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

harpersmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Ania
380B6D13-F0E6-4592-BBA9-BC90B087CF19.jpeg Whenever I’m having chicken nuggets or noodles, Harper will try to eat it. When I put him in his room he manages to get out the cage and walk from his room to my bed, then fly onto my bed and start to attempt to get more of my food. It gets annoying at times but quite cute at others. His face as he is reaching for the food is adorable, but still isn’t good behavior. To make me give in and give him a noodle he normally looks at me with his head to the side. I normally eat plain noodles so if I don’t eat all of it, sometimes I let him have it. He just did that today, I was eating Burger King and he got out of his room and climbed onto my bed then jumped on my shoulder and tried to eat my chicken nugget.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
What a stinker! How does he get out of his cage? Birds are such social little cuties, they always want what you are eating or playing with. This would be a great opportunity to introduce him to veggies!

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
I was having Chinese food tonight and suddenly I had 4 little piggies gathered around my plate! LOL

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I eat w/ my guy, even if I have dinner later alone. I try to always be "eating" w/ him for his meals. Unless the hubby 's eating w/ him, then I often take a mom meal alone.

Parrots are flock eaters & they love the foods that are bad for us. If it's bad for us it's reallyyyyy bad for them. Especially high fat & high salt.

Fast food is bird crack. Be very careful pls.

:bighug:

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
Your bird is adorably mischievous! I'm a new tiel owner and am discovering what nosey buggers they can be. Try putting some bird treats on a small plate while you're eating? Although my S.O. didn't really like the idea of the bird eating with us at the kitchen table when I did this lol.

AutumnRain

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
My tiel always tries to get what I'm eating too (or drinking for that matter). It's so funny. The look on her face when she sees what I have is priceless. It's like, "You want to share with me, right? Yes, I'm going to get some of that too." I always try to give her really good vegetables to make up for not sharing the sweet and salty foods when I have those. :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
My lovebirds will gang up on me to get a bit of whatever I have. I only eat bird friendly stuff around them as they always win the tug of war over food.....

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
It's difficult to claim the food as yours when you've just watched a couple of fids walk through your food or are standing in it while eating ...

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It's difficult to claim the food as yours when you've just watched a couple of fids walk through your food or are standing in it while eating ...
Lol yes this is true!

AmyJas

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Amy
Hey, S.O. and what's wrong with your bird eating with you at the table?
He grew up in a no-pet household, so pet messiness is taking him a while to adjust to. Hopefully he comes around soon.

Or maybe he is afraid of this lol.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
What a stinker! How does he get out of his cage? Birds are such social little cuties, they always want what you are eating or playing with. This would be a great opportunity to introduce him to veggies!
I honestly don’t know how he gets out. He doesn’t like flying while molting and I leave the cage door open. So maybe he flies out, but I leave it open so he doesn’t think it’s bed time.

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
My tiel always tries to get what I'm eating too (or drinking for that matter). It's so funny. The look on her face when she sees what I have is priceless. It's like, "You want to share with me, right? Yes, I'm going to get some of that too." I always try to give her really good vegetables to make up for not sharing the sweet and salty foods when I have those. :)
ahaha!

harpersmom

Real Name
Ania
I eat w/ my guy, even if I have dinner later alone. I try to always be "eating" w/ him for his meals. Unless the hubby 's eating w/ him, then I often take a mom meal alone.

Parrots are flock eaters & they love the foods that are bad for us. If it's bad for us it's reallyyyyy bad for them. Especially high fat & high salt.

Fast food is bird crack. Be very careful pls.

:bighug:
Yeah I know what’s bad for birds.

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
This brought back such happy memories for me! Lucy was the world's most talented bird when it came to snatching things off our plates!
(see my signature)

Fergus and Fiona have not attempted this, and I don't think they realize it's possible, since the only places they land are a) windowsill perch b) old travel cage c) back to their cage! Harper... don't overdo it, you'll get fat, or have heartburn, or somethin'! ;)

:cage1:

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
View attachment 300357 Whenever I’m having chicken nuggets or noodles, Harper will try to eat it. When I put him in his room he manages to get out the cage and walk from his room to my bed, then fly onto my bed and start to attempt to get more of my food. It gets annoying at times but quite cute at others. His face as he is reaching for the food is adorable, but still isn’t good behavior. To make me give in and give him a noodle he normally looks at me with his head to the side. I normally eat plain noodles so if I don’t eat all of it, sometimes I let him have it. He just did that today, I was eating Burger King and he got out of his room and climbed onto my bed then jumped on my shoulder and tried to eat my chicken nugget.
I was having Chinese food tonight and suddenly I had 4 little piggies gathered around my plate! LOL
Your bird is adorably mischievous! I'm a new tiel owner and am discovering what nosey buggers they can be. Try putting some bird treats on a small plate while you're eating? Although my S.O. didn't really like the idea of the bird eating with us at the kitchen table when I did this lol.
My lovebirds will gang up on me to get a bit of whatever I have. I only eat bird friendly stuff around them as they always win the tug of war over food.....
He grew up in a no-pet household, so pet messiness is taking him a while to adjust to. Hopefully he comes around soon.

Or maybe he is afraid of this lol.
Do any of you ever get that feeling that it's like being in a cartoon? You're the dead or dying creature w/food and you have a row of vultures sitting around you just waiting for you to give up the ghost so they can have your plate and everything on it?